Thermo Fisher Scientific Research Scientist in Fremont, California
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Failure Analysis Engineer will be working in R&D Engineering group at Electrical Failure Analysis (EFA) Division, Fremont, CA. The group is responsible for developing advanced integrated circuits analysis and circuit editing tools to meet the demands and challenges of advanced processing of semiconductor integrated circuits (IC) that lie at the core of the Hi-Tech world.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary goal of the Failure Analysis Engineer is to develop technologies to push the envelope for electrical defect localization and microscopy techniques.
• Find creative solutions to identify and localize electrical defects and failures in ICs.
• Works with senior engineers to conduct proof-of-concept studies, to develop product concepts and to build prorotypes.
• Interfaces effectively with multidisciplinary engineering colleagues to ensure that product requirements are understood and implemented in the prototype according to the specifications.
• Support operations and applications team to resolve customer issues.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or other relevant disciplines. MS with relevant coursework or experience are also considered.
• 0-3 years of hands-on skills in design, test, prototyping and integration of analog electronics, FPGA and Firmware programming.
• Experimental skills in optics including lasers.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: FIB, SEM, Thermal and NIR imaging.
• Conversant in semiconductor IC process technology and nano-fabrication.
• Proficient in Data analysis including statistical methods
• Fluent in Matlab, Python
• Creative problem solver and resourceful
• Self-motivated, organized, customer focused and enjoys challenges.
• Excellent written and verbal communicator
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.