HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Center Manager in Training - Frisco Area in Frisco, Texas
Exciting opportunity to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services with over 125 CareNow clinic locations! * * CareNow is HCA Healthcare’s fastest growing line of business and is leading the charge in urgent care medicine. Our amazing CareNow clinics offer superior convenience and quality treatment when you need it most and we are looking for an exceptionalCenter Manager in Training(CMT)who is excited to learn and lead our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, patient-centered care in the communities we serve 7 days a week.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
Interested in learning more about us?Click here!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Center Manager in Training will function in a strategic support role while learning how to lead, operate, and manage a CareNow clinic. The CMT will be practicing and working towards being able to independently oversee the daily operations of a CareNow clinic, ensuring a vision and strategy for future growth, customer service and satisfaction, and creating a safe clinic for our patients and staff by training to perform the below duties.
The CareNow Urgent Care Clinic hours are Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturdays 8am-8pm, and Sundays 8am-5pm. You must have the flexibility to work during those hours.
JOB DUTIES TO LEARN INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supervise, orient, and train clinic staff to ensure that all policies, established practices and standards are followed.
- Develop, communicate, and lead the execution of clinic goals and objectives in support of overall clinic performance and operations as well as staff retention and employee engagement.
- Manage individual and team performance including handling patient and visitor issues, providing feedback and/or follow-up training to employees, recognizing good performance, and identifies/mentors potential candidates for promotional opportunities.
- Monitor patient flow including keeping patients informed, overseeing and seeking to reduce wait times as much as possible, acting on information provided by Web Check-in, and ensuring efforts are coordinated to provide the highest quality care and services.
- Manage/maintain the upkeep of interior and exterior areas (works with company selected vendors), signage, overall clinic appearance, and key control and alarm codes.
- Ensure all cash management procedures are followed.
- Regularly communicate with primary accounts to ensure we are meeting the employer’s needs, occupational preference cards and procedures are followed, and partners with marketing to maintain updated preference cards.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and ensures that staff is kept informed of and documents review of information, policies, practices, memos, and expectations.
- Ensure all compliance measures are met including overseeing clinic opening/closing, documenting incident occurrence reports, preparing for and completing clinic audits/reviews/surveys, and maintaining all safety precautions.
EXPERIENCE: * 3 years of experience in a medical office setting is required. * 1 year of experience in the supervision of staff is preferred. * Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. * Experience using an EHR system is extremely helpful.
EDUCATION: * Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field is highly preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * RN, LVN, MA, NCT, LMRT, EMT-P or other applicable clinical license is required. * Current BLS Certification is required within 30 days of start. * Within 3 months of employment or promotion, must obtain Federal Breath Alcohol Screening Certification and Federal Drug Screening Certification. * * ADDITIONAL INFO: * Must be available to support/manage any clinic within a limited geographic region as needed either remotely or on-site 24/7. * Flexibility to fill in open shifts and float to other work locations is required.
We believe in going above and beyond, and feel that there is no nobler pursuit than that of caring for and improving human life. We hope you’ll join us on our mission!
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Center Manager in Training - Frisco Area
Location: Texas-Frisco-CARENOW - FRISCO PRESTON
Requisition ID: 24934-00001NTXUCC