HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nursing Student Technician PRN Postpartum in Gainesville, Florida
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Student Nurse Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Unit Secretary duties
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Associationrequired.
- *Currently enrolled in Nursing School *
- Working knowledge of medical terminologyrequired .
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Nursing Student Technician PRN Postpartum
Location: Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00039-13071