HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registrar in Gainesville, Florida
This is a PRN position only - no set schedule and work as needed based on business and staffing needs. Please only apply if you are looking for such an arrangement. **
Our Registrars set the tone for a patient's experience during a potentially trying time. We need Registrars who arecommitted to providing the best possible Customer Service Experience to our patients. If you like to help others and want to be in the healthcare field, a Registrar position is a good start on this path.
Job Summary – The Registrar is responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information. Bedside registration performed utilizing computer on a wheeled cart
• Follow AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient. The AIDET Patient Communication Model is Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You.
•Provide exemplary Customer Service
• Ensure charts are completed and accurate
• Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
• Calculate and collect patient liability amounts
• Ensure all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
• Answer any questions and explain policies clearly
• Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
• Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
• Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and demographical information with insurance and financial information
• Assign Insurance Plans (IPlans) accurately
• Search MPI completely and assign the correct medical record number. Notify HIM for any duplicate unit numbers
• Verify insurance benefits and determine pre-certification/authorization status via on-line or other resources. If pre-certification/authorization/notification of admission is required and has not been obtained, initiate via Passport, online or phone call. Enter all information and authorization/referral numbers into the registration system.
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of necessary identification and insurance cards.
• Understand and explain policies regarding services, pricing, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
• Follow all guidelines set forth in the Cash Handling policy. Produce paperwork on each patient for distribution to appropriate departments.
•Register patients in any registration area
• Work with physician offices and ancillary departments, providing information when necessary or forwarding relevant documents
• Scan appropriate order in Front Office Scanning.
• Escort patient to his/her destination or refer patient to an available transporter
• Activate all pre-registered patients that have reported for service
• Meet/exceed performance expectations and complete work within the required timeframe.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
One year of relatedCustomer Service experience required, especially in a hospital or outpatient medical facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
•Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
High school diploma or GED required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Requires prolonged sitting/standing for long periods of time (depending on the duration of the shift, this could be 7-10 hours), some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Pushing computer cart on wheels while registering patients during the duration of the shift (which could be 7-10 hours). Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry, upset or emotional people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Location: Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08945-157601