Waste Management Outside Sales Rep(Southern MD) in GAITHERSBURG, Maryland
Title: Outside Sales Rep(Southern MD)
Location: United States-Maryland-Gaithersburg
Job Number: 17019710
Equal OpportunityEmployer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmentalservices in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operatingexcellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal marketsthroughout North America through a network of collection operations, transferstations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy productionprojects.
Being number one means WM invests inour Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems andprocesses, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clientsthroughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others andseeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
The Outside Sale Representativegenerates revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale ofWaste Management and Waste Management Recycle America services to assignedaccounts that are moderately large and/or more complex accounts. The OSR isresponsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals bydeveloping and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growthby selling to new customers only. There are no account managementresponsibilities associated with this position.
This is a field-based HUNTERposition. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation andrecognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/ortraining programs.
II. Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicate to and work with the Outside Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
- Effectively manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Meet or exceed sales call activity goals for new sales.
- Match Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Using in‑depth industry and company knowledge, prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education andExperience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4-years sales experience.
- Experience: 3-years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
B. Other Knowledge, Skills orAbilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key pointsregarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is:officesetting.
At Waste Management, each eligibleemployee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical,Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a StockPurchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive PaidVacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary bysite.
If this sounds like the opportunitythat you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Job Field: Sales/Marketing