BNSF Mechanical Shop Laborer in Galesburg, Illinois
Mechanical Shop Laborer
Apply now »
Oct 12, 2018
Galesburg, IL, US, 61401
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Galesburg
Other Potential Locations: Galesburg, IL
Anticipated Start Date: 01/01/2019
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Entry rate of pay is approximately $21.63 - $25.75 per hour
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Keep work areas clean and orderly; operate industrial maintenance equipment within a shop environment.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to and acting on safety concerns. May be required to handle hazardous materials.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION: Operate forklift, mobile crane, track mobile, shop tractor, and power hand tools.
EQUIPMENT AND SHOP MAINTENANCE: Sand, fuel and clean locomotives. Clean and organize shop work area: sweep and clean work surfaces, store parts, empty and discard garbage. Operate power-driven equipment such as a vacuum cleaner, electric broom or steam cleaning gun.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
• 18 years of age or older, or will be by the anticipated start date listed above
• Possess valid state-issued driver's license
• Willing to submit to a background review
• Available to work in geographic area indicated
• Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and communicate) English
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Work full-time (40 hrs/wk). Shifts governed by union agreement and subject to seniority. Mechanical shops operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week with three 8-hour shifts including weekends, holidays, overtime. Available to work any shift required
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs without assistance
• Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow; hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
• Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
• Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders, get on/off equipment, work from various heights
• Able to: work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended time; use hand tools
• Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
Training: Company-paid on-the-job.
Relocation: Assistance not available.
Work Conditions: Extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
Probationary Period: 100 working days
Shifts/Hours: Full-time (40 hrs/wk), subject to seniority and governed by union agreement, assigned shift may be one of three 8-hour shifts; Mechanical shops operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Union: National Conference of Fireman and Oilers.
Dues: Per union agreement; membership and dues required.
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
Last 7 years of driving history
Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations - Mechanical | Galesburg, IL | 61401
Zip/Postal Code: [
Nearest Major Market: Peoria
Nearest Secondary Market: Galesburg
Laborer, Labor, Engineering, Operations
Apply now »