Occidental Petroleum Reliability Engineer in Geismar, Louisiana
Title: Reliability Engineer Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar Other Locations:
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2017 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Reliability Maintenance Engineer with our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Geismar, Louisiana.
Essential Job Duties:
•Assures compliance to PSM standards (MOC’s, PSSR’s, Procedures, Audits, etc.)
•Identifies high maintenance cost/poor reliability equipment and performs root cause failure analysis to develop and implement effective improvements.
•Tracks the performance of reliability improvements to determine their effectiveness and make additional modifications if required.
•Provides technical assistance to maintenance and operations personnel to minimize maintenance problems at Geismar.
•Manage, maintain, and monitor PM and PdM activities on all mechanical equipment and issue reports on all relevant findings.
•Maintains equipment repair history, evaluates repair costs & trends
•Assists in troubleshooting techniques for major/repetitive equipment.
•Instructs operations personnel on the operation/control of mechanical equipment.
•Evaluates costs, ordering parts/services, writing notifications/work orders, etc. using SAP
•Coordinates contact between HESS/Production department(s) and on-site service maintenance.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• Minimum of 2 – 10 years’ experience in chemical/petrochemical plant mechanical design, reliability and maintenance
• Practical “hands-on” mechanical and inspection experience in manufacturing environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently;
• Self-starter with a strong desire to deliver superior results;
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis
• Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status