Waste Management Manager Operations Improvement II in GERMANTOWN, Wisconsin
Title: Manager Operations Improvement II
Location: United States-Wisconsin-Germantown
Job Number: 18006056
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages and coordinates implementation, execution and performance management of; productivity & profitability analysis, labor management, standard operating processes, best practices, routing and mapping in Market Areas generating revenues $400 million or greater. Collaborates with various functional and LOB Managers to evaluate and coordinate continuous improvement objectives.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Partners with Managers to analyze Productivity performance, develop and implement continuous improvement plans.
- Promotes MA, BU, Site, LOB and Driver benchmarks, assisting Managers in labor management planning (LMT).
- Coordinates and coaches Operating Standards Guidelines (OSG) processes.
- Partners with others (Pricing, Sales etc.) to analyze route & customer profitability, coordinating appropriate corrective actions.
- Introduces and coaches fundamentals of Business Improvement Program (BIP), evaluating current operating processes and assisting with priority process improvements.
- Validates budget planning information; analyzing year-to-date data versus prior year and budget.
- Reviews routing with Route Managers and/or Route Auditors, proactively flexing labor with anticipated /- volume fluctuations.
- Supports Standard Operating Procedures for data collection, routing, and dispatching processes.
- Collaborates with system users and management to assist SAP transition; acts as a local “super-user” regarding aspects of system post-deployment.
- Works directly with local management to ensure periodic route reviews, optimizing routes, identifying route reductions with /- volume, re-routes and communicating changes and benchmarks to Route Managers, Route Auditors and drivers.
- All other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 3-5 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years of relevant work experience, including 3 years as an Industrial Engineer/Project Manager in a logistics environment and/or 3 years in Operations or District management or related industry. (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Industry operating experience
- Strong communication, coaching & motivation skills
- Ability to drive process culture change
- Ability to act independently and evaluate people, processes and performance management objectively and continuously
- Computer and associated software literacy
- Familiarity with IT logistic systems
- Strong analytical skills
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: District / Site locations
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Operations