Eaton Corporation Continuous Improvement Manager (m/f/d) in Gilching, Germany
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton´s aerospace production site in Gilching manufactures hoses and tubes for different fluids in aircrafts, as well as couplings and hydraulic components.
As a Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be responsible for the site´s Lean and Six Sigma Strategy.
Your key deliverables :
• Works through the leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, training and cross-functional activities including Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs).
• Provides / facilitates site Continuous Improvement training including Lean and Six Sigma training and facilitation of Kaizen events
• Conducts Eaton Lean System (ELSS) assessments and identify performance gaps. Works through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
• Provides Lean and Six Sigma support across the organization to drive short-term and long-term business improvements.
• Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
• Assists in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
• Provides Lean and 6 Sigma Mentoring to support of functional talent development and succession planning
• Works with Regional CI Manager to ensure alignment of plant CI activities to broader functional strategy and vision
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably a technical degree
• At least 3 years of related experience
• Formal training/certification in Lean tools ( 5S, Standard work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Setup Reduction (SUR), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Material Flow( LMF) and Six Sigma
• Excellent communication skills, ability to motivate others
• Fluency in German and English
• Experience in implementing Lean in Low volume High mix type product environment
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs