Hilton Analyst, Payroll & Compliance (6 mths FTC) in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Great Opportunity to join Hilton!
The Payroll & Compliance Analyst will assume responsibility for delivering the day to day processes that will ensure smooth running of the Payroll and Compliance function within Hilton’s UK Centre of Excellence. Working with the Senior Manager Payroll & Compliance supporting the delivery of the function strategy and goals surrounding c.12k employees and c. 25 PAYE references. Processes involved in the delivery of accurate and timely compliance reporting to HMRC for HTR & Benefits, as well as of pension activities.
This opportunity will particular suit someone from a general ledger accounting background with exposure and understanding of payroll processes and reporting.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
You will work with the team to support the delivery of change programs which will involve maximising the benefits available to a best-in-class HTR services. Youwill participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service, supporting the delivery of HTR strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis. This will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the HTR arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Payroll Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met / exceeded.
• Following direction and guidance from management, carry out all required Payroll and related tasks in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
• Identify and implement process improvements where necessary, after discussion and agreement with management. Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Payroll and Compliance responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries.
• Working with the Senior Analyst, co-ordinate all day to day activities ensuring the successful and timely delivery of all Payroll, pensions and BIK activities.
• Provide input to the delivery of the relevant metrics supporting the team activities and drive improvement across the business
• Support the production of relevant and timely Management Information.
• Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice.
• Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required collection cycles are maintained.
• Ensure all monthly closing activities and month-end reporting are carried out per guidelines and deadlines.
• Deliver the balance sheet reconciliation processes ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any aging is appropriately explained.
• Take on board administrative activities and work within the parameters of Payroll policy and procedures and updates communicated.
• Work within UK tax regulations, statutory requirements, and internal control guidance and work with tax department for reporting submissions.
• Serve as Payroll and Compliance liaison for hotels and other corporate functions in relation to all Payroll and Compliance activities.
• Carry out all payroll & Compliance and pensions processes and validation activities ensuring all PAYE references (Hilton and owners) meet government legislation, including, but not limited to: PAYE, Pensions, Benefits in Kind (BIK), National Minimum Wage, etc.
• Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations, resolving reconciling items on a timely basis in line with policy and any aging is appropriately explained.
• Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team. Highlight to Senior Manager and Senior Analyst any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required.
• Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Good technical skills and exposure to Payroll & Benefits in Kind compliance.
• Strong inter-personal skills and able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients with well-developed written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
• Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft.
• Ability to identify financial issues, recommend and execute mitigating actions.
• Relevant level of work experience in a Payroll environment or relevant experience
• To hold a High school/GED education or equivalent
• Previous experience of working within a Shared Service Centre / Centre of Excellence environment or related experience.
• Strong knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting ERP packages.
• Hospitality industry experience preferred.
• BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Commencing studies for recognized professional accounting body certification/qualification or equivalent qualifications.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Title: Analyst, Payroll & Compliance (6 mths FTC)
Requisition ID: EUR013MH