Hilton Senior Analyst, Performance Governance (18 months Fixed Term Contract) in Glasgow, United Kingdom
The Senior Analyst, Performance Governance (18 month) will work within the Glasgow based Centre of Excellence (CoE) and will support the day to day processes that help ensure smooth running of the Corporate Accounting function within Hilton UK. Working with the Senior Manager, Performance Governance this role will support the evaluation of and reporting on Hilton’s Shared Service Centre (SSC) and the CoE’s performance against pre-defined targets.
You will combine accounting, analytical, and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the on-going production and enhancement of performance reporting.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Under the direction and guidance of the Senior Manager, UK Performance Governance the post holder will provide support with the timely production and review of performance metrics that evaluate activities performed at Hilton’s UK Centre of Excellence and third party managed, Shared Service Centre.
More specifically, this 18 month role will provide support in the following two areas:
1. Corporate Billing Accuracy Review – Working closely with the Corporate Order to Cash team, the role will provide an independent review of corporate UK billing, ensuring all bills generated are accurate and complete. Small errors such as customer information, pricing or VAT computation can have a negative impact on the business, therefore a basic understanding of UK VAT and a keen eye for detail is imperative.
2. Data Analytics – Highly skilled with MS Excel and ideally Tableau, the Senior Analyst will assist with analysing large volumes of data from a variety of sources and producing performance metrics that help leadership monitor and assess performance across Hilton’s UK Centre of Excellence and Shared Service Centre.
Key to the success of the role will be strong communications skills with various stakeholders across the organization and a keen eye for details coupled with a sound understanding of UK VAT requirements. A logical thinker, the successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills and will be very comfortable using software systems such as Peoplesoft and Microsoft Excel.
• Support the implementation of strategy, goals, key initiatives and priorities for the function.
• Assist with the Performance Governance workloads and priorities, ensuring all key tasks are completed to scheduled timelines and checklists are updated accordingly.
• Support the generation of agreed metrics in the most efficient and effective way.
• Help maintain and revise, where applicable, all documentation in line with the organisation SOX compliance routines and deliverables.
• Support for Governance projects as required.
• Assist with managing function processes to ensure strategy and goals are achieved.
• Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is compiled and reviewed, where necessary, for the specific activities associated with operating a successful Accounting function.
• Work closing with line management and escalate any issues or challenges encountered when performing the above activities.
Controlling & Co-ordinating Activities
• Support the evaluation of current processes, recommending actions that could be taken to streamline the processes and maximize efficiency.
• Support the transition of finance and accounting processes to CoE and SSC Service Provider.
• Assist with reviewing, monitoring and reporting out on Service Providers compliance with the contract.
• Assist with reviewing, monitoring and reporting out on performance on CoE performance.
• Identify and resolve service quality issues at Service Provider, particularly around the Order to Cash billing process.
• Assist with the completion of CoE metrics and Ops Finance OLAs
• Support benchmarking studies and implementing continuous improvement
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Attention to detail, strong communication skills, excellent Excel skills Attention to detail, strong communication skills, excellent Excel skills
• BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Pursuing a professional accounting qualification or similar
• Supervisory or related experience
• Experience configuring Tableau reporting/dashboards
• Completed a professional accounting qualification or similar
• Significant supervisory or related experience in the industry.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Title: Senior Analyst, Performance Governance (18 months Fixed Term Contract)
Requisition ID: EUR013GF