Northwell Health Post-Doctoral Fellow IT in Glen Oaks, New York
Req Number 001XEA
Job Category Information Technology
Works collaboratively with senior leadership, to develop and coordinate evaluation and implementation of enterprise and patient facing digital behavioral health interventions. Participates and leads the development of new projects, and initiatives in advancing healthcare with the use of mobile technology, image analysis, machine learning, advanced computation methods, etc.
1. Meets and works collaboratively with senior investigators at Zucker Hillside Hospital, Northwell Health, and Cornell Tech to develop new projects and designs analytical experiments using existing medical data.
Produces new protocols, submissions to IRB, grant applications to federal agencies, foundations, pharmaceutic and biotech companies, as well as other potential funders.
Meets on a regular basis with clinical staff involved in specific projects to train as needed, supervise and trouble-shoot projects.
Develop necessary linkages with IT groups to ensure appropriate data gathering, storage, security, and sharing as appropriate.
Produces manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and makes presentations at national and international meetings.
As requested, provides training and supervision to residents, fellows, medical students, and other trainees in the areas of digital medicine, eHealth mobile technologies, etc.
Collaborates with Feinstein Institute of Research and OCIO to meet system requirements. Ensures systems support quality, patient safety, and institutionalefficiency.
Develops metrics to measure effectiveness of information system implementation.
9. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
· PhD in Computer Science or Information Sciences, (Bio) Statistics, Data Science, required.
· Experience developing/managing digital behavioral health applications within hospital systems/direct to consumer, required.
· Strong expertise in digital application product management, research methodology and intervention development, required.
· Ability to manage teams of developers, clinicians, administrators, preferred.
· Understanding of current digital behavioral health landscape with an understanding of digital mental health application, preferred.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a research environment as a member of multidisciplinary team that seeks external funding and conducts research studies, preferred.