HERC Rentals Strategic Account Manager - Industrial in Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
Herc Rentals is a premier full-line equipment-rental company — providing our customers the equipment solutions they need to get their work done safely, confidently and cost effectively, while enabling them to conserve capital for their growth investments.
With over 50 years of equipment-rental expertise, approximately 4,800 employees with approximately 275 company operated locations, principally in North America. Herc Rentals is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation; industrial & manufacturing; oil & gas; government & municipalities; construction, mining, & energy; remediation & restoration; emergency response; facilities; MRO; entertainment; and ground care.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on integrity, respect, teamwork, and accountability.
The Industrial Strategic Account Manager is primarily responsible for the daily management of industrial sector key customers and sales territories; to relationship building and territory growth; to effective implementation of industrial services concepts, products and services. This position is responsible for the development of the Industrial business customers based in the Northeast Region.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Identify and grow industrial opportunities in the Northeast Region.
• Revenue and product diversification; gross profit growth for assigned portfolio activity, incorporating industrial offering into customer divisions.
• Further diversify industrial segments, i.e. Power, Manufacturing, Oil/Gas, Pharma, etc.
• Work with industrial sales representatives to help develop organizational and selling skills.
• Assist sales staff in developing key accounts and new prospects in local marketplace.
• Be familiar with industrial competition in the area including pricing tendencies.
• Assist branches in keeping abreast with industrial customer changes and job site problems.
• Have an active role in sales meetings to ensure sales reps are growing industrial knowledge.
• Practice general principles of sales leadership.
• Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in equipment rental industry.
• Knowledge of industrial marketplace.
• Ability to successfully think and plan ahead.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at strategic and functional level.
• Experience in the training and development of employees.
• Strong decision making skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and negotiation skills.
• A strong team player; experience with high performance teams.
• Ability to travel locally and nationally.
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field
Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in equipment rental industry
Knowledge of industrial marketplace
Ability to successfully think and plan ahead
Ability organize and manage multiple priorities
Problem analysis and problem resolution at strategic and functional level
Experience in the training and development of employees
Strong customer orientation
A strong team player; experience with high performance teams
Ability to travel locally and nationally
Bachelor's degree in business or related field
Conditions of Employment
Strong decision making skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated problem-solving and negotiation skills
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career with a growth-oriented company, Herc Rentals is the right place for you! As an industry leader, we offer the opportunity for training, development, and advancement. In addition, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including a generous vacation program. Apply today to be part of a team built for success!