Brinks Brokerage Supervisor in Springfield Gardens,
Requisition #:29971Location:Springfield Gardens, NY - B0988
Functional Area:Education Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:5 - 7 Years
Brink’s Global Services USA, Inc. is a division of Brinks Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for FT Brokerage Supervisor to work in the BGS US office located in Springfield Gardens.
The Brokerage Supervisor is responsible for serving as the company’s liaison for the internal Brinks Brokerage Company and customers and US Customs. The Brokerage Supervisor will be responsible for the daily operation of Brokerage department, ensuring accurate classification and brokerage release in accordance with Customs Regulations of the United States and the Harmonized Tariff Scheduled for the United States (HTSUS).
• Supervise and ensure transactions are completed timely and accurately.
• Classify commodities for customs transactions, which involves understanding and applying concepts of Title 19 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and HTSUS
• Communicate with clients and vendors to ensure the department has accurate information as well as provide information to clients regarding shipment releases and trade compliance issues
• Meet with U.S. Customs Border Protection, customers, vendors, brokers and other government agencies when required
• Perform some client service tasks, including visiting clients on occasion
• Plan objectives and strategies which allow team members to perform optimally and guide members toward meeting company goals and objectives
• Communicate corporate policies and procedures
• Assist the Sr. Manager in coordinating team meetings, monitoring attendance and schedules, managing performance and motivate and train employees
• Provide support and training to employees on complex problems, new initiatives and the timely and compliant release of freight
• Provide management with updates and reports on shift dynamics, staff needs and team workload
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the freight forwarding industry performing customs clearance work or similar work supporting the customs clearance process
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and other Office products as well as other proprietary IT systems and business objects.
• Be at least 21 years of age
(Include other skills that would be helpful but are not a requirement of the position) Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience providing customer service to external and internal customers in an import/export department.
• Working knowledge of the American Tariff, explanatory notes and be able to classify goods imported into America Working knowledge of HTSUS, corresponding government acts, customs memorandums and regulations
• Working knowledge of Title 19 of the CFR regarding customs duties
• Customs Brokers License and Certified Customs Specialist designation preferred
• Able to think strategically and use problem solving skills accordingly
• Ability to handle stress, solve problems, and manage conflict professionally
(Include soft skill requirements e.g. excellent verbal and written communication) Professional Skills:
• High level of integrity where personal and professional values are aligned with the company’s mission, vision and leadership framework.
• Able to translate the organization’s vision into operational, quantitative plans, goals and schedules for improvement.
• Ability to forge strong relationships and work collaboratively within the company locally and the global network.
• Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems.
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills.
Brink’s is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink’s is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
(Do not modify standard
content provided) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top