Brinks Customs Entry Specialist in Springfield Gardens,
Customs Entry Specialist
Requisition #:28831Location:Springfield Gardens, NY - B0988
Functional Area:Security/Protective ServicesEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metals, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a challenging opportunity for a BBC Customs Entry Specialist to work out of our JFK Airport location in Springfield Gardens NY.
The BBC Customs Entry Specialist is responsible for serving as the company’s liaison for the internal Brinks Brokerage Company, the internal import and export departments and customers and US Customs. This position administers, compiles, validates and processes documentation related to importing and exporting shipments to/from the U.S and working through the customs clearance process for BGS customers.
• Prepare customs entries and follow-up with the clearance process on all entries prepared
• Scan, file, copy, and assemble documents
• Calculate duties or tariffs to be paid on merchandise
• Communicate and follow up with documentation discrepancies to client and supervisor
• Review rates, trace product movement, file entries with Customs; provide clarification and valuation of merchandise
• Prepare all documents including: bills of lading, dock receipts, licenses, and consulate documents
• Process post-entry work including ruling requests, CF 28's, refunds, protests, and drawbacks
• Process quota entries
• Review and assess accuracy, verify country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that federal regulation requirements are achieved
• Establish and maintain client relationships
• Stay up-to-date on all customs changes
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in the freight forwarding industry performing customs clearance work or similar work supporting the customs clearance process
• Minimum of 1 year experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and other industry specific software.
• Experience in the freight or secured transportation business.
• Experience providing customer service to external and internal customers in an
• Experience troubleshooting unexpected issues
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong multi-cultural understanding
• Ability to initiate activities independently, learn and achieve results
• Investigative and problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employee’s medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top