Brinks Flex-Precious Metals Clerk in Salt Lake City,
Flex-Precious Metals Clerk
Requisition #:30132Location:Salt Lake City, UT - B0151
Functional Area:Education Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewellery, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Precious Metals Clerk at our Salt Lake City Utah location
The Precious Metals Clerk is responsible for monitoring, processing and verifying inbound and outbound shipments in the facility by physically sorting customer shipments, verifying inventory detail by comparing actual inventory to paperwork and otherwise ensuring precise control and record-keeping. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers.
• Accept shipments of precious metals into storage from BGS or outside carrier at facility.
• Deliver shipments of precious metals to BGS or outside carrier at facility.
• Perform audits on existing inventory
• Check in shipment from document provided by shipper or generated by CSR/Vault Supervisor, match pre-advised inventory detail to physical inventory
• Complete necessary, audit compliant paperwork for incoming and outgoing shipments
• Prepare shipments of precious metal to be sent out of facility, using allocation report (or other) provided by CSR/Vault Supervisor
• Physically distribute individual precious metals to conform to customer requests and/or exchange warrants
• Hands-on coordination working directly with Global Services supervisory and ops staff
• Ensure that all forms and packages are handled appropriately
• Assist with projects as necessary and performs other related duties as assigned
• Provide security by adhering to the General Security regulations
• Perform other duties as required
• Work between BGS Precious Metal Vault locations as business dictates
• Minimum of 2 years of shipping and receiving experience and/or related industry experience processing shipments/working a fast paced logistics environment.
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the assigned work day.
• Experience in the freight or security transportation business
• Experience providing efficient and accurate customer services for import/export customers.
• High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
• Excellent work history of dependability, cooperation and teamwork
• Works well under pressure; maintains composure and thinks clearly
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Detail oriented.
• Good customer service skills and ability to work as a productive and supportive team member. (courtesy and tact are required)
• Professional appearance, aptitude and demeanor
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as may be required to meet business demands
• Ability to troubleshoot unexpected issues
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive hourly wage, we offer to eligible employee’s medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top