Comcast Business Services Sales Engineer in Greenbelt, Maryland
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
The Federal Sales Engineer is will be responsible for creating solutions
for our enterprise and government customers. The ideal candidate will
have the ability to leverage relationships in conjunction with the sales
teams to meet or exceed quotas. With a focus on delivering positive
customer experiences, as defined by the Comcast standard, the Federal
Sales Engineer will deliver sound technical leadership, ensuring that
Comcast solutions are complete, comprehensive, achieve the customer's
technical expectations, and meet the client's business needs.
At Comcast, the Federal Sales Engineer is the technical lead on the account
team, and is responsible for discovery of the client's technical and business
requirements, client communications, solution design/engineering/consulting
and proposal preparation support. The Sales Engineer will also provide
compelling technical presentations to customers, covering the full suite of
Comcast products and solutions. The successful candidate will assist in
developing, and then maintaining client relationships that will effectively
remove barriers to federal government sales. The Federal Sales Engineer
will work with all appropriate customer personnel to build relationships and
ensure the Comcast Sales and other internal teams understand the customers'
current network situations and then provide solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Perform customer discovery discussions to understand and document business,
application and design requirements necessary to formulate the optimal, strategic
and cost-effective solutions
- Create and the modify solutions and designs as needed, with the result of the
customer choosing Comcast Solutions. These solutions can include Broadband Services,
Ethernet Services, Voice Services, Outsourced Infrastructure Solutions (managed and
un-managed), and specialized Enterprise application suites.
- Design optimal client solutions, using the best mix of Comcast and vendor-partner products.
- Through the deft use of technical diagrams and the written word, the Federal Sales
Engineer will first document, and then present, solutions to the customer. The aim of
these efforts are to drive home the value and benefits of the solution. This will lead to
solidly built client relationship, with the Federal Sales Engineer as the client's trusted advisor
- The Federal Sales Engineer will clearly communicate the selected designs to the internal
teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing care and support
- The Federal Sales Engineer is strategic in building relationships with customers, through
a combination solution oriented work, along with close engagement as the client's trusted
technical liaison, from pre- to post-sale.
- Participate in internal tactical account planning
- Possess the business acumen to anticipate future technical trends, the emerging competitive
landscape, understand how an organization generates profit and manages cost, and translates
that market knowledge into business opportunities and ultimately, business wins.
- Provide timely technical support and problem resolution for presales questions
- Provide training, support and guidance to the Government Sales team. Must be able to
travel as required.
- Act as a SME for all Comcast Enterprise Business products and services.
- Through coaching and technical sales efforts, support account team efforts to driving
opportunities to closure, seek ways to shorten the overall sales cycle, and ensure sales
goals and objectives are achieved
- As part of the sales process, play a key role in the preparation of RFP's, designing
cost-effective solutions plus solving the prospect's configuration challenges, through
the standard or Individual Case Basis (ICB) process as required.
- Respond to requests for bids and proposals by providing fully documented technical
solution (with diagrams) that clearly outline all technical components of the solution.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of high-level face-to-face sales presentations,
training material and similar tools that enhance technical knowledge of Comcast products,
services and customer interaction skills.
- Leverage Use Case Design solutions for the customer that meet their business applications
as well as assure protected circuit design, disaster recovery applications, appropriate
bandwidth for future growth, etc.
- Translate complex technical design requirements into information of varying technical levels,
so that that both technical and non-technical customers can understand the proposed solutions
- Collaborate with Network Engineering, Architecture, Product Engineering, Systems
Engineering Implementation, Product Management, Product Development, HQ Sales
Operations, and Marketing teams to fully support the Pre-sales Effectiveness of the Federal
Sales Engineering teams.
- Leverage outside support and equipment vendors for services, products and pricing in
support of solution sales.
- Ensure ICBs that are fully vetted and only those that are deemed necessary move
forward for Executive review.
- Act as a quality gate, reviewing all technical aspects of the opportunity "paperwork" before
the opportunity is accepted as sold
- Leverage and maintain customer information within Comcast systems, in support of the
- Should be willing to take a leadership role on a project and be able to lead the introduction
of a new product, process or technology within the Comcast Business Federal Sales
- Stay abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Comcast
in the marketplace.
- Assist the Account Management Team and Sales leadership in the development of the
overall business strategy to acquire new customers. Contributes to costing and pricing of a solution.
- Assist in generating new business and ensure growth of existing accounts.
- Design solutions for the customer that meets their business applications, as well as assures
protected circuit design, disaster recovery situations, and appropriate bandwidth for future growth.
- Translate complex technical design requirements into information that customers can
understand and respond to.
- Serve as a technical expert to review RFP responses for content and accuracy before
they are submitted.
- Provide technical support for events and technical trade shows and workshops
- Participate in technology transfer training activities in the Federal Sales group as new
technologies are introduced across the Comcast Business product line.
- Develop, deliver and run effective presentations, meetings, client interviews and facilitate
a group workshop.
- Work with Comcast Business Network Engineering, Product Engineering, Product and the
national engineering organization to acquire an intimate knowledge of all Comcast Business
products concepts, process and procedures.
- Keep up to date on technological and market evolution as well as competitors' activities.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends,
variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is a plus
- 10 years in technical Federal Sales/Solutions Engineering support role in the
- Adept at developing and delivering technical presentations
- **Strong Network Security Skills-Firewall, IDS/IPS, Cyber Defense**
- Experience in routing protocols, switching, firewalls, IPsec and SSL VPNs, and intrusion
detection and prevention systems
- Experience designing Service provider and Enterprise solutions for LAN, WAN, L3VPN,
L2VPN, QoS, metro-Ethernet, DWDM, OC-x, DDoS, Firewall, VPN, DMVPN NAC
- SD-WAN (IWAN, Viptela, Versa, CloudGenix) implementation and migration experience
- Multi-Vendor knowledge and hands on certification required:
- Juniper: JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE
- Cisco: CCNP, CCIE certificates
- Data Center/Cloud Infrastructure and Networking
- Managed Services (Managed Router, Managed WiFi, Managed Security)
- Metro Ethernet Forum Specifications and Standards
- Dark Fiber
- Wavelength Services
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery concepts
- CPE (voice & data) (switches, ISR routers, PRI, MTA)
- Voice Network Technologies (including UC, VoIP, Trunks and Managed PBX)
- Cable or HFC delivery systems is a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to explain technical concepts in
simple and understandable terms to a layperson
- Proficient understanding of the pre-sales engineering process and the sales processes
- Experience in developing cost-effective solutions around customer needs and building
suitable configurations and architectures supporting customer needs
- Strong network solution skills
- Results driven with a focus on goal achievement
- Ability to create technical designs and diagrams of a customer solution
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, Google Earth
( MS Project are a plus)
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes
quickly in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter/self-driven, with the ability to work independently/remotely, disconnected
from other team members.
- NS2020 and EIS experience
- PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27001, NIST, CSF, ITIL, COBIT, Sarbanes Oxley,
SANS 20, FISMA, SOX
Understanding a plus
- Secret Clearance a plus (not required)
- Military Experience Preferred
Employees at all levels are expect to :
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer