Chenega Corporation Librarian II in Greenbelt, Maryland
CHENEGA APPLIED SOLUTIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
· TheLibrarian II will perform a wide variety of professional librarian duties to include carrying out day-to-day operations and activities of a major program area in the library such as Circulation, Reference, Access and Interlibrary Loan services. TheLibrarian II will demonstrate a full understanding of all applicable policies, procedures and work methods associated with assigned duties; performing patron services duties as assigned; and performing related duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Provide general reference service, instruction, and promotion of library resources to include reference requests such as quick references, comprehensive literature searches, citation verifications, creating and implementing research alerts, designing search strategies, and assisting with information management.
· Prepare research compilations, conduct literature searches and create subject-specific content for the library website.
· Provide assistance to users in the selection of reading material or in the use of various library services.
· Provide reference service electronically, in person or via the telephone as warranted by the situation.
· Ensure reference coverage during designated library hours of operation from 10:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
· Catalog materials using standards such as AACR2 and LCSH following all federal and library guidelines.
· Maintain and update the Library catalog, OCLC, and the Electronic Resource Management System as materials are added to and deleted from the collection.
· Perform collection development and maintenance activities.
· Process Interlibrary Loan (ILL) borrowing and lending transactions.
· Provide materials electronically when possible to customers’ desktops, through the delivery of electronic files, scanning where necessary.
· Photocopy materials in compliance with United States Copyright Law and as required in response to ILL requests from outside institutions.
· Obtain Government Documents (electronic format if available) as requested by authorized recipients.
· Maintain records for items loaned through Interlibrary Loan protocols, using the Interlibrary Loan System (ILL) for internal tracking and control.
· Produce Interlibrary Loan reports and metrics.
· Oversee the charging, discharging, overdue, interlibrary loan, and reserve requests systems.
· Execute all circulation-related transactions and record all loan transactions via the library catalog system.
· Maintain a manual on the circulation policies and functions
· Produce circulation reports and metrics.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· ALA-Accredited Master’s degree in Library or Information Science.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with library systems and library technology.
· Must be able to pass a basic Background Check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Expert level knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Reference Services, Access Services, Interlibrary Loan, or Circulation.
· Working knowledge of current library software available.
· Knowledge of library principles, concepts, methodology, operation, and functions related to collection management, technical services, and reference.
· Must embody the professional competencies outlined by FEDLINK, the Special Libraries Association, and ALA's RUSA.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Applied Solutions
Title: Librarian II
Requisition ID: 1800001001