Chenega Corporation Senior Information Engineer in Greenbelt, Maryland
CHENEGA APPLIED SOLUTIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Senior Information Engineer
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
· The Senior Information Engineer will maintain collection within the Library Repository and provide multimedia and video support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Provide support for all information systems and web pages at client site
· Implement new technologies and hardware and software enhancements as directed
· Effectively plan and manage all system back-ups and other security safeguards
· Assist with support for server room, including configurations and upgrades
· Maintain and update as needed all documentation related to software and hardware
· Identify and maintain inventory of all IT equipment
· Ensures 508 compliance of systems and interfaces
· Assist with management and update of web pages and databases
· Maintain web-scale discovery system
· Provide support for multimedia support and processing
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline.
· At least 3 years of experience in Information Systems Development, Functional and Data Requirement Analysis, Systems Analysis and Design, Software Development, Information Systems, and Documentation Preparation.
· Library experience preferred
· Experience with Sirsi Integrated Library System (ILS) required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of principles and technologies related to website management.
· Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Applied Solutions
Title: Senior Information Engineer
Requisition ID: 1800000999