Thermo Fisher Scientific Administrative Assistant III Quality Operations in Greenville, North Carolina
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Effective Date /
Last Modification Date: 31OCT17
Coordinates specialized administrative functions that support department activities.
- Performs advanced and diverse administrative duties. Develops and implements special projects within the
department. Facilitates inter- and intradepartmental projects and special assignments Resolves more complex
issues requiring sensitivity and tact.
Answers, screens, handles, or redirects phone calls for responses.
Sorts, reads and prioritizes mail. Composes and types correspondence, minutes, written agendas and
itineraries and disseminates accordingly. Proof-reads, edits documents, presentations, reports and letters.
Maintains department organizational charts.
- Tracks supplies and maintain the appropriate inventory for department needs. Requests computer hardware /
software equipment, computer access and telephone service for department personnel.
- Coordinates administrative aspects of special projects (e.g., organize resources, schedule meeting rooms,
assemble materials, send meeting notices, and verify information). Coordinates meetings and relays
information or materials among staff and /or to outside vendors and agencies or to appropriate persons.
Coordinates site visits from international and corporate staff, as well as external visitors.
Facilitates departmental compliance with internal control and training requirements. Enters training
attendance documents and follow up with employees who are delinquent on training requirements.
- Performs high-level and confidential assignments to ensure that departmental operations flow smoothly.
Maintains and monitors department documents
- Maintains an ongoing action list with status and due dates for the organization. Remains proactive in the
execution of related duties.
- Creates, tracks, and maintains the recurring and customized reports of the organization. Supports
organizational processes with analyses and reports.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner in order to support an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Seven years of administrative experience preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Effective written and verbal
communication skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to work in a fast-paced
environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize and be self-directed. Possess analytical ability in order to
gather and summarize data for reports and find solutions to various administrative problems. Ability to coordinate
multiple activities while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Attention to detail. Ability to collaborate
effectively with others to achieve goals and expectations.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.