Comcast Software Development Engineer in Test in Greenwood Village, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for operating, deploying, managing, and continuously improving Comcast's Voice infrastructure in a 7/24 environment. Examples of infrastructure include, but are not limited to: SBC, SRP, ENUM, CSCF, UGC, MGCF, BGCF etc. Position focuses on deploying and stabilizing new SIP products, code, technologies, services, networks; provides subject matter expertise; resolves complex break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary and partners with/leads engineering, vendors, and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Serve as highest tier operations support for various field, CARE, vendors, and customer focused organizations. Leads all command and control-related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external vendors, third parties, and associated agencies
Functions with great autonomy and provides solutions and guidance independently on other engineers' projections, initiatives, and troubleshooting. Leads internal and external resources to achieve desired results. Frequently provides direction to senior technical and management leadership.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems or procedures.
- Supports Lead Engineer with the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and lead engineer to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Assists product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing products and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Determines resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Provides leadership and consultative direction to the organization, department and group.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Desired Qulaifications:
- Performs a variety of complex analytical duties in the planning, deployment, testing and evaluation of Comcast's network, products, and services including SIP services, Wholesale voice, ENUM, upgrades. Works closely with engineering, vendors, and field to identify and drive improvements across the topology.
- Directs third party agencies (i.e. AT&T, Verizon) and internal resources while troubleshooting and resolving complex peer-to-peer troubles focusing on rapid restoration. Devises and implements strategies for solving technical issues directly impacting internal and external customers or increasing performance across broad eco-systems.
- Develops, produces, and reviews of documentation, instructional, and procedural manuals for other employees to utilize to resolve problems or make network improvements. Examples include: complex processes for acceptance of new products (i.e. cable modems, systems,) testing such as operational readiness, tools focused on automation (i.e. IP scope tool,) etc.
- Supports all of the XNOC tools and alarms; analyzes systems needs and determines prioritization of break/fix scenarios; implements code changes and suggests improvements. Ensures the availability of networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes, and monitors the network and services to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern. Monitors, isolates, triages, and resolves outages and impairments. Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures databases, applications, hardware, and other related resources are properly maintained. Provides subject matter expertise on equipment and services to other operational groups. Updates code and software to ensure proper system performance.
- Provides clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and coordination during medium outage scenarios.
- Directly executes changes, in the network and across systems, focused on deploying new services, implementing changes, and stabilizing products following established change management processes. Accountable for configuration management techniques, ensuring infrastructure is correctly aligned and fully compliant with standards.
- Accountable for understanding and managing services across complex ecosystems, cutting across multiple technologies, organizations, and solutions. Accountable for providing technical assessment of changes across ecosystems to ensure resolving potential conflicts before impacting intra-/inter- related vertical systems. Develops and reports on metrics which show system uptime and overall service desk compliance to ITIL standards.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer