Oracle Principal Member of Technical Staff, Development Operations in Guadalajara/Zapopan, Mexico
Principal Member of Technical Staff, Development Operations
As a member of Infrastructure Systems DevOps and Automation team, you'll be required to provide excellent solutions for Cloud operations. You'll be managing and supporting internal/external systems as well as systems on the Cloud. As a member of DevOps team, you'll be responsible for Continuous Integration of Development changes, and making sure that the health of all systems is great. You'll also be responsible for the patchings, upgrades of all components of the system. As a member of Automation team, you'll be tasked with automation of each and every Operational task so that the manual intervention/effort can be eliminated.
The job requires you to be well accustomed with different DevOps tools and technologies. An aptitude towards fast learning, adapting to fast changes, and motivation towards automation of everything is a must. Past experience in managing databases, administering middle and web tiers, programming/scripting knowledge for automation of tasks is a must. You should be motivated to work in an independent environment, curious to learn and implement new tools/technologies with a confidence to work and fix any technical issue that comes along.
- Experience of working in a challenging work environment and track record of meeting project timelines
- Minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in technologies listed below
- Excellent communication skills. English language.
Must-have/Key Skill Requirements (candidate should be strong in these):
- Programming/Scripting language (Bash/shell, Python, pl/sql etc)
- Database administration (upgrades, patchings, monitoring, maintenance, exadata, dataguard, clonings etc)
- Weblogic administration (upgrades, monitoring, SOA/BPM etc)
- OBIEE (upgrades, monitoring etc)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Version control systems (Git etc)
- Very comfortable with Linux
- Jenkins/Hundson, ant builds etc
- Oracle APEX setup
Preferred Skills (added advantage)
- Experience in DevOps tools like Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Kubernetes, Puppet/MCollective/RabbitMQ etc
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science Engineering or Equivalent
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Oracle Jobs