IBM UX Designer - IBM Cloud Garage in Guangzhou, China
The IBM Cloud Garage is an “Innovation and Transformation” consultancy located in the heart of the start-up community. Our design first organization applies IBM Design Thinking and Lean User Experience (UX) techniques to help our clients, large and small, deliver amazing experiences to their customers by helping them identify and build the right app on the IBM Cloud. Our fast paced, collaborative, and co-located teams make the IBM Cloud Garage the most exciting place to be.
IBM's Cloud Technology is core part of our company's strategy. IBM Cloud is trailblazing new technology platform and services, devOps, business models, developer outreach, and with the creation of the Cloud Garage - a new type of consulting services lab.
Our clients who choose IBM Cloud are looking for innovation and agility in how apps are defined, designed, and developed. The notion of the Garage was born out of the changes on how we work with our customers. This is a distinctively new approach to app development - a 180-degree shift from the way that IBM does client engagements. We are bringing clients into the Garage; where we are using IBM Design Thinking to ensure that the Minimal Viable Product definition is correct and adopting agile practices for developing quality apps rapidly.
As a Designer in the Garage, you will own driving clients towards potential outcomes that resonate with their end users thereby accelerating adoption and impact. You will utilize all of your expertise to define, design and deliver Minimum Viable Products (MVP) as well as Solutions at Scale that cover a broad spectrum of human problems that matter most in a variety of industries.
· Represent and facilitate Design Thinking in discussions with prospective clients, assess design needs for projects, work with development leads and architects to scope and craft proposals.
· Upon commencement of engagements, run Design Thinking workshops; influencing participants from all levels of our clients' organization to find the best outcomes and arrive at the MVP.
· Using exceptional communication skills and with input from product management and development, design for the best possible user experience, while considering all client objectives, including evaluation of IBM Cloud technology, eXtreme Programming, and using Design Thinking methods to define the end-to-end solution experience starting with visualization and mockup of user experiences, and ending with delivering a highly differentiated and compelling user experience.
· Act as product management throughout the lifecycle of projects when necessary, to help clients learn how to work in conjunction with Design Thinking and constantly maintain proper prioritization of stories in the tracking system.
· Ability to occasionally act as project manager to ensure the project is running smoothly and all client needs are met.
· Pull together retrospective presentations to document for the client the value-add of Design Thinking to their specific project.
· Be the voice for Design and Design Thinking in all client interactions with the ability to connect the dots at both abstract and tactical levels, be empathetic and expressive, inquisitive and divergent in the pursuit of identifying and addressing user's needs.
The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers & Architects, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
The IBM Cloud Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 5 years experience - in HCI / HF or equivalent experience
· At least 5 years experience - proven track record of delightful and innovative designs; applying Designing Thinking methods on the job
· At least 3 years experience - in designing all manner of software, including applications, web sites, mobile applications, etc.
· At least 5 years experience - in LeanUX and working with multi-disciplinary teams of client, development, and product management
· At least 5 years experience - in developing personas, writing scenarios, wireframing, using Design tools
· At least 3 years experience - project management capabilities
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· At least 3 years experience - educating individuals and / or groups in Design Thinking and is capable of supporting non-designers mentally make their way through very new concepts, and adjusting techniques to ensure all clients leave with a clear understanding of the value of design and their role in reaching the ideal user experience.
· At least 3 years experience with customers in services-type engagements – shepherding them through the IBM Cloud Garage methods, anticipate client needs, and work with peers and executives to help the client have an excellent experience in the Garage
· At least 3 years experience - applying Design Thinking beyond software to all levels of business
· At least 1 years experience - appreciation of the application of typographic skills, understanding of color and visual hierarchy, iconography and aesthetics.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.