HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Pharmacy - Garden Park Medical Center in Gulfport, Mississippi
Take your career in the right direction – join us at HealthTrust. Amidst the fast-changing dynamics of healthcare within HealthTrust and our parent company (HCA – Hospital Corporation of America), come work as a Garden Park Medical Center to put into practice sustainable, practical solutions that will ultimately transform patient care and the communities we support.
More than 1,600 hospitals have partnered with HealthTrust to lower expenses and improve outcomes across healthcare operations.
HealthTrust delivers supply chain, workforce, and clinical integration services to help healthcare providers improve performance with superior pricing and operator-driven practices. This is accomplished by hiring professionals like you!
A seven-time recipient of a “Champion for Change” award from Practice Greenhealth, HealthTrust actively encourages and enables ecologically responsible purchasing alongside fully embracing a culture of integrity and a code of ethics.
We are seeking a full-time Director of Pharmacy who drives efforts to ensure compliance with JCAHO requirements, Drug Enforcement Administration, State Board of Pharmacy, hospital policies and procedures as well as other Federal and State regulations.* The Position: * · Establishes quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in conjunction with upper management.
· Supervises the maintenance and dissemination of drug information through in-service education of hospital personnel, consultation with patients, hospital staff, and medical staff.
· Actively assists staff pharmacists in the discharge of routing duties as necessary.
· Directs the activities of and provides professional and technical guidance to pharmacy personnel.
· Exercises professional judgment in imparting therapeutic and drug information to patients and health professionals.
· Communicates the Hospital and Mission and Philosophy to department employees and integrates with departmental operations.
· Provides leadership to new program development, implementation and evaluation. Acts as a consultant in areas of expertise.
· Anticipates the needs and issues of customers/suppliers in order to insure effective departmental operations and/or meet their needs.
B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
Minimum of 2 years supervisory or leadership experience preferred
Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
Current Consultant Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Director of Pharmacy - Garden Park Medical Center
Location: Mississippi-Gulfport-Garden Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09752-16883