Eaton Corporation Lead Engineer in Hadapsar Pune, India
Lead Engineer Firmware is responsible to understand product requirements, design and develop code, module level and system level embedded software design/coding, validation using programming language C. Provide technical solutions, follow defined processes & lead in product development & technology innovations. Additionally, assisting the technical lead for conceptualization, engineering and software specification of new product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for performance, cost, and functionality for Fire and Security Systems products.
Engages in development, design & testing of Embedded Systems using C, C++ programming language
Basic Hardware Design Knowledge and Hardware/Firmware Debugging Skills
Hand on experience of lab instruments – Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers etc.
Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical Lighting products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and software design . Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
Participate in solution and code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to.
Ensures compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines
Ensures new products meet our customer’s needs:
Collaborate with global product engineering teams and Incorporates support for the manufacturing, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the product / system
Protects intellectual property through patent disclosures
Supports our team of global field commissioning engineers with technical challenges
Searches for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering from an accredited institution
• Relevant Experience of more than 6 years
• Experience in Embedded C Language programming
• Proficiency in C and C++
• Experience with GPIO, PWM, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, DALI and Ethernet peripherals and protocols is desirable
• Demonstrated knowledge of Embedded Firmware development with 16 Bit / 32 Bit microcontrollers
• Basic level knowledge of Hardware Systems.
• Experience with python/php/java is good to have
• Experience with Altassian software like JIRA and JAMA is preferable
• Experience with Agile methodologies and scrum teams is preferable
• Experience with revision control systems, preferably SVN is preferable
• Knowledge and familiarity with compliance to CMMI ML3 process and guidelines is preferable
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation
• Knowledge of Lighting Solutions and Fire Systems
• Development exposure to embedded RTOS multi-threading, multitasking etc.
• Development of Customized Boot loader
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.