Eaton Corporation Senior Engineer - Aerospace FMC in Hadapsar Pune, India
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure predictive execution for the product design & development of Aircraft – Hydraulics Power generation and controls products in order to meet design, manufacturability & assembly requirements. The person will independently lead Hydraulic Power Pack and other Hydraulic product design projects by working closely with all global stakeholders (for Jackson, MS , US)
Lead and execute Hydraulics Power generation and power control projects as per Aerospace industry standards and prevailing engineering practices for Aerospace.
• Deploy and drive predictable execution leveraging Six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS methodology and tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management ,Statistical Tolerance Stack-up analysis & DVPR for new product development & existing product improvements
• Leverage engineering analytical tools and calculators .Build prediction models for the product performance parameters & optimize the performance.
• Understand critical interactions between Mechanical and Electrical components (Hydraulic Power Packs, Hydraulic Pump, Hydraulic manifolds, reservoirs, Valves, Electrical Motor…etc.)
• Ensure right quality and on time delivery of drawings & engineering documents thru ENOVIA.
• Supports prototypes development and test the solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements and support product development till commercialization.
• Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments
• Perform quality checks to ensure design meets Eaton and customer standards / requirements
• Maintain and update current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies
• Be an active professional in continuous learning resulting enhancement in organizational objectives
• Contribute to Product Technology Roadmaps & come up with innovative product concepts/ideas to introduce technical differentiators / value proposition and protect IP through patents/trade secrets
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
Desired: Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
Strong knowledge of Mechanical component design with 5-7 Yrs. of relevant experience
Proven capability to conceive new ideas and demonstrate viability through relevant engineering calculations.
Person must be proficient with Pro-E, should be able to review tolerance stack-up and engineering calculations as required supporting design integrity.
Knowledge of experimental test procedures and creating Engineering test plan documents.
Experience working with vendors/suppliers/testing.
Good understanding on systematic problem solving methods and tools.
Experience in PLM tools (ENOVIA)
Desired Skills :
Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals.
Demonstrated experience on of Design for Manufacturability & Assembly (DFMA).
Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience of interfacing with global teams and working in matrix organization.
Highly effective interpersonal skills.
Special Skills :
Experience of working with Aerospace (preferred) or Industrial Hydraulics systems, Pumps ,Valves, Manifolds Products & Standards
Pump and Impeller design knowledge
Analytical tools ( ex. MathCAD, MATLAB)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.