Eaton Corporation Senior Mechanical Engineer- Cost out in Hadapsar Pune, India
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer – Cost Out in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Drive multiple idea generation events like benchmarking, teardown, competitor analysis and study of applicable standards
· Redesign existing parts or design new concepts on medium voltage distribution equipment; meeting customer requirement, cost target and Market related technology
· Performs project management role from design to implementation; communicates expectations, plans, and requirements and also coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects
· Lead to multiple projects/programs/teams related to value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) through execution of these programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives
· Create Intellectual Property documents (IPs) around new product design concepts / ideas and drive innovation from ideation through to execution
· 3D modelling, detailing and drafting experience on 3D CAD tool. (Preferred Autodesk Inventor)
· Develops test plans for short circuit, temperature rise, arc test in accordance with IEC/UL standards. Creates test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
· Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
· BE / M Tech
· 6-9 yrs / 3-5 yrs. Product Design & Cost out
· Mechanical Engineering
· Project management, working in Virtual environment
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SD1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs