Eaton Corporation Specialist - Power Electronics (eMobility) in Hadapsar Pune, India
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Specialist - Power Electronics (eMobility) in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Champions innovative solutions for High power inveter design, Converter topologies, Switching methods and control, HV gate driver, isolation design and HV protection; Filters and magnetics design and solid-state device selection;
• Develops high power density product designs involving electrical / power electronics / hardware design and interface designs. Optimize design for energy efficiency and various performance strategies using physical modeling or simulation tools.
• Develops products to comply performance, functional safety, reliability and cost requirements.
• Writes and maintains product specifications and functional specifications of design solutions for inverter product to meet performance, functional safety and reliability.
• Develops engineering tools and continuously improves operational efficiency.
• Evaluates alternative design solutions to meet product development requirements factoring in performance, cost and schedule. Interface with products teams in EIIC and global locations; act as the liaison for program associated with associated simulation technologies
• Monitors progress and achievements on projects, ensure technical reviews and expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work.
• Executes projects as per recommendations and in compliance with ASPICE and IATF 16949
• Deploys FMEA/FMEDA process to enhance design robustness. Contribute to continued enhancement of architecture to support additional product features.
• Analyze product test data from customer and investigate, identify, and resolve issues and performance complaints.
• Thorough understanding of digital validation tools and techniues to predict performance of products including flow and thermal simulations, control systems, system architecture, system modeling and tools, Six Sigma (DFSS) expertise.
• Understands technology advancement / market demand by closely working with Sales and Marking team along with the customer support
• Thorough understanding of Functional Safety processes involving Hazard Analysis, Fault tree analysis and linking high level Safety Goals with TSRs (Technical Safety Requirements).
• Capture the knowledge in the form of publications. Contribute to industry technical papers and conferences in power electronics domain.
• Represent organization in different external forums, regulatory bodies to influence upcoming standards.
• Keeps track of latest power electronics, battery technology and controls strategies. Applies knowledge to grid-tie power conversion applications and contribute to technology road maps
• Masters in Electrical / Power Electronics engineering with industry experience of over 14 years and proven track record in engineering research / analysis / product development Automotive Power electronics.
• Experience of being a Technical lead for new product introductions in the field of Automotive power electronics.
• Knowledge of quality standards and certifications (IATF 16949, ISO9001, ISO14001)
• Hands on Experience - MATLAB/Simulink, PSpice/ LT Spice/ Simetrix, PSIM/SABER for desing and development of eMobility products.
• Experience in product reliability and durability w.r.t environmental specifications and customer duty cycles
• System & Vehicle level validation experience.
• DFSS Black Belt Experience in pulsed power, capacitor chargers, electromagnetics, microelectronics, and thermal design is a plus.
• Experience in Analyzing and simulating power electronics systems including, analog, logical, and digital electronics. Leverages use of Hardware in the Loop simulation systems.
• Experience in hardware-software interface and control design
• Experience in Validation, Verification Certification of Auto / Electrical domain
• Knowledge of Reliability for Power electronics, Embedded system Design.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-VM1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs