Eaton Corporation Sr. Manager - Corporate Engineering & Technology Group in Hadapsar Pune, India
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Most recently, we have established the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) in Pune, which is an integral part of Eaton’s global engineering and technology footprint. Eaton’s multi-disciplinary engineering talent with experience in cutting-edge technologies and varied domains delivers innovative solutions that accelerate our organic growth through technological innovations. Through proven technical excellence, EIIC continues to augment Eaton’s leadership in improving existing products and services and developing new offerings. EIIC operates through its two state-of-the-art campuses located at Kharadi and Magarpatta City in Pune. EIIC is focused on augmenting Eaton’s vision of “improving the quality of life and environment through the use of power management technologies and services.”
This role to lead a team of highly qualified 100+ technologists working on forward-looking technologies closely partnering with all Eaton business units (Electrical and Industrial Sector) contributing to organic growth through New Technology Introduction & Research efforts. This position will be directly reporting into Vice President, Technology and Head of Eaton India Innovation Center and functionally to EVP technology, Eaton Corporation. Lead the research team to drive technology concepts and ideas that create value for Eaton business groups. Interacts with global and local team members, suppliers, business groups and external partners to accomplish Innovation objectives. Develops and deploys of strategy for EIIC – research labs team in unison with Eaton’s Global research labs team. This leader will be responsible to execute Global program needs and inspires innovation to develop and maintain a competitive advantage. Provide visible leadership to guide, coach and develop the next level organizational and technical leaders; select, hire and retain employees in the department; develop and maintain relationships with global stakeholders, technical community and academia, and leveraging these partnerships for continuous advancements of the technology.
Your essential responsibilities:
· • Champion global technology realization programs utilizing our internal project execution processes, including reediness Reviews, Design Reviews, and Technical Reviews.
• Direct the development of advanced technology projects, monitor achievements and review progress. Collaborate with Program Managers in the development of detailed project plans. Lead globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and manage selected projects under the guidelines of our internal stage-gate process.
- partner with all businesses to deploy digitalization strategy, and develop digital solutions
• Lead a team of experts (Ph.D.’s in the domain area) for the innovation opportunity identification and execution. Lead an active project including a technology development portfolio of organic growth opportunity for Eaton’s business units.
• Additionally provide leadership to 3 centers of excellence engineers to develop adjacent technologies including IP, sustainability, reliability & Safety
• Manage customer relationships, maintaining customer satisfaction and manage the scope appropriately. Monitor and report the overall performance of portfolio projects. Responsible for periodic Project Status Reports, Quarterly Reports and other reports using specified reporting processes.
• Contribute to global strategies for technology roadmaps that are linked to and supportive of the overall research labs and business strategies. Create action plans to drive strategies to realization.
• Identify, evaluate and transfer leading technologies that pertain to existing, as well as potentially new product lines.
• Implement policies and procedures on the safeguarding of proprietary engineering matters and monitors adherence.
• Foster an environment for creativity while promoting the generation of value-added intellectual property. Maintain and defend existing patents that cover the technology needs of the businesses.
• Train, develop, and motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals and review their accomplishments.
• Lead and develop employees. Fully utilize those resources to meet global objectives. Facilitate global communication and cooperation between locations.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
· Required: Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Systems / Controls Engineering / Mechatronics / Aerospace / Electrical
Desired: Ph. D. mechanical / design / systems / Mechatronics / controls / Aerospace / Electrical "
· 14+ years of engineering/technology development experience in the relevant domain
Innovation management in the mechanical / fluid / electrical power management solutions
· Strategic Agility, Drive for results, Business Acumen and Decision quality are key to successfully performing this job.
· Creates and fosters a climate of safety, learning, and continuous improvement.
· Collaboration across global stakeholders & Stakeholder management
· Team Building - Builds a pipeline of high performing, diverse teams (members based in multiple geographies) that apply their skills and different perspectives
· Challenging status quo and attention to detail."
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs