Waste Management Material Control Technican, Hallisville, Tx in HALLSVILLE, Texas
Title: Material Control Technican, Hallisville, Tx
Location: United States-Texas-Hallsville
Job Number: 18003747
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leadingprovider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Weare strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalismand financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Preference will go to candidate with the following below:
- Availability to work 4am-1pm & someweekends from 6am -12pm
- Must be dependable, reliable and able towork independently
- Candidate will need to be attentive todetail and loading procedures
- Previous Truck and Tanker loadingexperience
- Previous Loading, Sampling and labeling experience ispreferred
- Experience with Fly Ash
I. Job Summary
Supports WMSS onsite program, including manual laborassociated with chemical handling, lab pack duties, drum movements within thefacility, drum bulking, drum crushing, assisting when extra personnel areneeded, and other duties as assigned. This is an entry level, non-supervisoryposition focused on hazardous and non-hazardous waste related projects.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure wastetypes are properly segregated, regulatory shipment windows are met, propercontainer labeling is adhered to, good housekeeping is maintained and accuratetracking logs are kept.
- Identify best practices that assist customers in reducingwaste volumes, increasing operational efficiencies, identifying optimalequipment usage and generating cost savings.
- Segregate, label, mark and package waste materials in a safeand compliant manner.
- Collect, pour, transfer, consolidate, repackage and packagesolid, liquid & sludge material.
- Perform labor intensive activities such as container or drumcollection, drum bulking, sorting trash for recyclables, and loading of trucks.
- Transfer waste into containers of different size.
- Provide labor support at 90 Day Hazardous Waste Pad, whenapplicable.
- May provide support or direction to less experiencedTechnicians.
- Wears required personal protective equipment.
- Participates and cooperates in safety process, includingfollowing written procedures, attending required training and scheduledmeetings.
- Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, incidents,injuries or property damage to supervisor.
- Follows Environmental and Quality Management System (ISO14001/9001) policy, procedures, and operational controls related to job responsibilities.
- Maintains compliance with applicable environmental, safetyand transportation regulations (EPA, OSHA, and DOT).
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of thequalifications necessary to perform the job.
- Ability to work 4am-1pm & some weekends from 6am -12pm
- Must be dependable, reliable and able to work independently
- Attention to detail to and loading procedures
- Previous Loading, Sampling and labeling experience ispreferred.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Associate's Degree(accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and2 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or OtherRequirements- None Required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required- Must beable to work independently with little direction, and as a member of a team.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demandsand work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of thejob: -
- Required to use motorcoordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation,etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to30 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to50 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (suchas cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment whichinvolves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of theworkday;
- Ability to perform tasks in inclement weather.
Note : The level of physical effort may vary from site tosite and in some cases, be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives acompetitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, LifeInsurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Companymatch on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays,and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.\
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have beenlooking for, please click "Apply.”
Job Field: Customer Support/Client Service Support