Comcast Analyst 3, Business Process Effectiveness in Hamilton, Ohio
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for a variety of programs involving business process and documentation efforts that support our operations and client experience. Works with a cross-functional team to understand current challenges. Works to define our current processes that support the Enterprise Managed Services and Service Assurance teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills inprocess development, workflow and documentation.Documents range from moderate to high complexity and may include process flows, methods and procedures, diagrams, training materials, job aids, online content, etc.
- Leads analysis and design of existing and new operational processes that span multiple areas of the organization, including Support Operations, Sales Operations,
Engineering, Installation, and Training.
- Serve as communications liaison between all relevant parties, coordinating diverse requirements and expectations.
- Develops scalable processes to support and benefit the client experience.
- Deconstructs technical concepts and metrics to facilitate process development.
- Helps to define success metrics for each new process and establishes a plan to track, monitor, and measure the success of those metrics.
- Proactively identify the impact of potential process changes, integrate new initiatives with existing processes, and ensure that all processes are consistent and fit together.
- Completes assessments of processes and documents each of the following areas: problem statements, process flows, gap analyses, and solution recommendations.
- Develops repeatable, and thus scalable, plans and processes in order to improve operational efficiency.
- Produce materials that are clear, concise, accurate, and in accordance with existing writing, editing, graphics, and production standards.
- Interacts closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment.
- Diagnoses, corrects, and documents issues, risks, and problems.
- Maintain knowledge of process activities and changes within assigned content areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong interpersonal skills; superb attention to detail and quality; an exemplary customer-oriented attitude; strong problem-solving skills; and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible team player and a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and interact extensively with coworkers at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Word and Visio; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; proficiency with screen capture tools (e.g. SnagIt) and image editors (e.g., Photoshop); proficiency with online/eLearning content creation software, and knowledge of standard production methodologies.
- Experience with CATV/MSO operations is a strong plus, as is experience with call center operations, NOC operations, telecommunications, Internet/data services, and OSS. In addition, experience with any of the following would be considered pluses: workflow software; industry standards such as ITIL, ETOM, SCORM, Six Sigma, UML/XML/BPML, etc.; project/ product management; learning management systems (LMS); instructional design; or graphic design.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- 5-7 years ofrelated Processexperience in Process improvement, process re-engineering or process redesign
- Telecom industry experience highly preferred
- Previous experience with standardizing and documenting workflows desired
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer