Comcast Network Engineer in Hamilton, Ohio
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for validating, implementing and managing the device configurations of Comcast Business, Managed Enterprise Services deployed network devices. Designs and develops manual and automated configuration deployment methodologies for multiple manufacturers’ network equipment. Develops and produces overall best practices to ensure quality control and group accountability. Interfaces with Network Design Engineers and Project Management Office and Client Technical staff in deploying network equipment for MES Clients. Acts as a key contributor in a large complex environment. Provides training and mentoring for Technicians utilizing the established processes and methodologies.
- Validates configurations as a primary technical resource on a broad spectrum of network devices (routers utilizing various network technologies (BGP, OSPF, ISIS), firewalls, cellular routers, managed switches and access points.
- Utilizes manufacturer CLI, GUI and Cloud Controller protocols to build configurations and control network devices per provided configuration templates.
- Provides and maintains proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs and methodologies adhere to network standards.
- Serves as principle technical liaison with the Client for all deployment issues related to network device configurations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- CCNP preferred or other network device Manufacturer upper level certifications
- Experience with Fortinet, Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Juniper and Aerohive devices
- Generally requires 3-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer