Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Manufacturing Supervisor in Harrisonville, Missouri
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. As a rapidly growing organization, we are always seeking passionate and creative individuals whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
Provides leadership, development of junior leadership team, training and coordination skills to the plant operations teams. Works to develop, implement, and maintain SOPs and measures regarding changeovers, fill weight mgmt, cross training and new employee development. Responsible for standardizing productivity, operations processes (Shift change, TPM, new employee or ongoing training), sustainability and controlling conversion costs through labor standardization and OEE monitoring/improvements.
Responsible for daily operations; providing leadership, focus and direction to the operations team.
Lead daily start up meetings communicating production requirements for the day and the OEE standards past and present.
Organizes and plans labor needs such as quantity of temps needed, vacation coverage and overtime. Focuses on managing labor to standard.
Implement and maintain 5s and lean manufacturing processes, through Gemba walks, and periodic Kaizen events.
Insures employees receive proper training (Safety, operations, housekeeping). Performs follow-up meetings with employees throughout the training process.
Works with HR and Plant leadership team to attain long term development and career growth of operations personnel.
Leads operating teams in the execution of the more operational aspects of the TPM program.
Does periodic audits on the operations processes and provides analysis of operations to support initiatives or areas of opportunity.
Leads operating teams in problem solving and short-term business issues. Takes part in periodic meetings to discuss long term strategic planning.
Works to standardize operating processes such as changeovers, start ups and shut downs.
Implements cost control systems in areas such as waste, repair and maintenance, supplies and labor.
Ensures all hourly employees’ time is properly recorded in the payroll system.
Develops and follows leader standard work.
Ensures plant policies and procedures are adhered to.
Works closely with the Human Resource Department to perform interviews and give input in the hiring process.
Performs all new hire 30-60-90-day reviews and develop new hire training schedule/deadlines.
Follows and implements manufacturing discipline and holds direct reports accountable.
Handles employee disciplinary issues utilizing proper conflict resolution techniques.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Lean experience helpful.
Excellent organizational/time management skills.
Able to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
Ability to operate a computer in a Windows-based environment and most office equipment.
Strong attention to detail.
Demonstrate ambiguity to change.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred Associates Degree or equivalent experience required with a minimum of 2 years supervisory / lead experience in a manufacturing or environment.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.
• Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
• Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
• Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
• Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.