Travelers Sr. Network Engineer in Hartford, Connecticut
Sr. Network Engineer
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for design, engineering, analysis, configuration, and troubleshooting of company’s network infrastructure and services, including switches, routers, firewalls, WAN routing protocols (ex. BGP)
• Design and implement network solutions in any of the following network environments to support a wide variety of business applications: High Speed Core Network, Global Wide Area Network, Data Center Fabric, Remote/Campus Offices, Internet/DMZ, Extranet, Remote/Mobile Access, Cloud connectivity
• Ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment and operations of core routers/switches and data center networks
• Maintain quality and reliability of our network while developing innovative ways to automate
• Ensure a high level of availability for network services, monitoring existing hardware/software, network performance and provide prompt response to issues
• Provide third level of support troubleshooting issues affecting our network
• Collaborate with peers to proactively identify potential issues and areas of improvement in existing network environment
• Contribute to research, evaluation and recommendations of new technologies or redesign of existing solutions
• Gaining industry experience and exposure to seed new ideas with respect to the company’s best interests
• Present findings, updates and recommendations to all levels of management, up to and including C level executives
• Work with the application areas and lines of business to provide technology solutions to support business needs
• Build, leverage, and maintain effective alliances across technical and business communities to achieve efficient and effective results
• Maintain detailed documentation for IT infrastructure
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities
• Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols
Other duties as assigned.
Job Opening ID:
Weekend work hours (Frequency) DOJ Overnight work hours (Frequency) DOJ Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) (Frequency) DOJ
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies:
Successful candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, technical communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic
• Solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of technology to support assigned projects that will meet business needs
• Ability to design and implement solutions to meet business needs that reflect a clear understanding of the objectives, practices and procedures of the corporation, department and business area
• Experience designing and supporting the following:
o Cisco Routing and Switching Technologies (Nexus 5K/7K/9K switches, Cisco ASR1000 and ISR routers, etc)
o Emerging technologies (SDN, SDWAN, VxLAN, NFV, VPC, VDC, and FCoE) is a plus
o Checkpoint firewalls experience helpful
o Network Management and Performance Analysis tools
o Telecommunications (MPLS WANs, Optical Networks, ISPs, CDNs, Managed Services, SLAs) required
o Networking (LAN, WLAN, Data Center Fabrics, Ethernet Switching, Routing, BGP, OSPF, QoS, VoIP, IPv6, Traffic Profiling, Anomaly Detection, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Continuous Availability, High Availability)
• Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps
• Able to multitask and operate under tight timelines and remain focused under pressure (ex. critical outage/disaster)
• Emphasis on customer focus, collaboration and follow-up skills
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and/or implementation of large complex network solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas including public cloud and multiple platforms, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
8+ years of hands-on experience designing and supporting complex network solutions in a large organization preferred.
Operates standard office equipment (Frequency) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in Technology required.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Licensing or Certificates:
Hartford - Connecticut - United States
Hartford - Connecticut - United States
We are committed to valuing the diversity that exists among our workforce, our business partners, our customers and our communities. With respect to our workforce, we are committed to not only increasing diversity in our hiring at all levels but also fostering an inclusive environment where all employees, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by law, can develop and thrive.
- Travelers Jobs