Aetna Underwriting Tech Lead (Middle Market/New England) in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 53662BR
Are you a creative thinker, a solutions finder, a strategic player who is passionate about medical underwriting and wants to be part of the transformation in our healthcare system? Aetna s Commercial Business Middle Market Underwriting Organization is seeking an Underwriting Technical Lead to join the New England New and Renewal Underwriting team.
Technical Leads are Underwriters who technically are the best of the best. They are involved in training, projects, and the mentoring of others. Our leads are asked to creatively overcome obstacles that stand in the way of successfully writing larger more complex and high visibility cases. To use their gained experience, advance understanding of rating theory, negotiation skills, and internal sales skills to lead and win!
The top candidate must have a proven decision-making skills and experience. They need to have a real feel for each component of pricing. In addition, the proven ability to: anticipate customer needs, facilitate and negotiate using tact and diplomacy, and build strong cross-functional relationships with sales force and other internal organizations.
#WeJoinYou #AetnaCareers #Underwriting
Serves as a consultant for field sales and account management on strategic, complex, or highly visible cases. Identifies risks and recommends appropriate measures to manage risks while growing or retaining membership.
· Calculates complex renewal and prospective group rates using solid product knowledge and underwriting protocols.
· Grants underwriting exception and financial variances within prescribed dollar limits.
· Negotiates and explains application of more complex underwriting concepts, rate/fee development and policies.
· Presents information to employers and brokers in support of business rating practices.
· Ensures the quality and integrity of account-specific data and information released to the sales force.
· Produces accurate and timely deliverables while providing superior customer service in support of stated mission and key performance metrics.
· Utilizes advanced functionality of rating/financial tools, reference materials, and source systems for premium, membership, and claim information.
· Trains, mentors, and/or assists less experienced underwriters in development of their technical skills.
· Identifies team training issues and recommends an appropriate course of action.
· Leads continuous improvement and other underwriting initiatives.
· Reviews the work of junior level staff.
· Acts as back up to Underwriting Unit Leader.
· Extensive (7+ years) experience in medical underwriting pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
· Demonstrated outstanding analytical and independent thinking skills.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and cross functional teams.
· Exhibit solid leadership skills.
· Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Underwriting/Renewal - group medical/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/New business - group medical/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Rating methodologies and/or functions (rating and accounting)./4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Pricing methodologies (manual, experience, blended, alternate, etc.)/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Sales support/4-6 Years
Finance/Managing Aetna s Risk/MASTERY
Finance/Delivering Profit and Performance/ADVANCED
Leadership/Collaborating for Results/ADVANCED
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Interested in an Underwriting opportunity at Aetna? Join one of our upcoming virtual office hours with an Underwriting recruiter!
Tuesdays from 12:30 – 1:15 PM EST
Click here to registered: https://aet.na/2yCWHtp
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Underwriting
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.