HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Ultrasound Technologist PRN in Hendersonville, Tennessee
Thank you for your interest in joining our team of healthcare professionals at TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center, part of the TriStar Family of Hospitals. Our facilities offer a variety of career opportunities. With 18 hospitals and 10 ambulatory surgery centers located throughout Tennessee, Kentucky and North Georgia, you’re sure to find the one workplace that does more for you – personally and professionally.
The TriStar Health team is made up of approximately 5,300 physicians and nearly 10,000 employees united by one purpose: to make the most of each other’s talents. That means you’ll have the support and the resources you need to pursue your goals. Join us here for a rewarding future.
· Performs Ultrasound exams (general diagnostic, interventional, vascular, echocardiograms, etc) of patients maintaining a high quality of care and completes all functions associated with procedure in a timely manner.
· Assists with trans-esophageal procedures.
· Uses two (2) Patient Identifiers to ensure correct patient is imaged.
· Takes all patients exams to Taken, charges appropriate supplies, completes notes in PACS and scans all exam appropriate documents.
· Takes call as necessary.
· Performs all patients exam according to appropriate protocol.
· Evaluates all patients for contra indicators.
· Assists radiologists as necessary.
· Assists in transporting and positioning patients.
· Ensures patient safety.
· Informs patient about procedure and answers patient’s questions.
· Adheres to all Medical Imaging and Hospital Policies and Procedures
· Maintains accurate records, confirms correct patient information.
· Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used meds: action, dose, and side effects .
· Demonstrates knowledge of proper retrieval and charging of medications commonly used and during emergency situations.
· Observes five Rs for administering meds: right patient, right drug, right dose, right method, and right time
· Maintains supplies and inventory—both general and medication related. Will observe perpetual inventory of controlled substances, if applicable.
· Participates in PI plan.
· Adheres to all Radiation safety regulations, ACR accreditation requirements, Joint Commission requirements, etc.
· Participates and assists department management with ACR accreditation activities and requirements, including quality assurance programs related to the requirements
· Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served
Graduation from an accredited school of ultrasonography or from an accredited school of radiologic technology with proper experience and ultrasound registered.
Current registration (ARDMS or ARRT), or eligible.
Title: Ultrasound Technologist PRN
Location: Tennessee-Hendersonville-Hendersonville Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00447-65465