IBM Security Service Analyst - IBM CISO in HERNDON, Virginia
JOB TITLE: Security Service Analyst
Work Location: IBM Herndon, VA Location (Onsite only, no remote work) Relocation assistance not provided
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM CISO organization and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us in our location in Herndon, VA.
You will work within a fast paced, Agile program environment collaborating with cybersecurity architects and technology teams across IBM CISO and business units to implement and support next generation security solutions. This position is heavily focused on Data Loss Prevention (Policies, procedures, Use Cases, Research and Operations support)
• The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical information and security background with an emphasis on supporting enterprise security applications and services mainly related to DLP.
• You will meet with different teams throughout IBM to gather requirements for new Data Loss Prevention use cases. This will include Email DLP, Cloud DLP, Network DLP and Host Based DLP.
• Manage projects across all 3 platforms to ensure consistency and user experience.
• For service enablement, this role will assist internal development teams with onboarding, planning and integration to maximize business value and enhance user experience.
• Setting priority of use cases for engineers to implement as well as gathering artifacts for implementation engineer to create rules in each platform.
• Be the liaison for other organizations with such as but not limited to SOC and CSIRT.
YOUR ABILITIES & SKILLS:
• Experience and a good understanding with holistic Data Protection.
• You will have a solid understanding of Cyber Security and Different Domains of Cyber Security.
• Ability to accurately and completely source all data used in intelligence, assessment and/or planning products.
• Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
• Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
• Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy.
• Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles.
Your life at IBM
Impact. Inclusion. Infinence.
Together, these themes provide the foundation of the experiences of all IBMers, and represent the value inherent in a career with IBM.
Our work is truly life changing - from helping to cure diseases, predict weather, to cleaning oceans and beyond.
Our culture of openness, collaboration, trust, invites everyone to have a voice.
Careers are made from experiences. At IBM, those experiences can be diverse, unlimited and far-reaching so you can truly discover your true passion – without ever changing the company.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 3+ years of experience in managing and supporting security services and data protection.
• 3+ years experience of Data Loss Prevention or other rule based security applications.
• 3+ years of project management experience
• Security Essentials or Understanding of Cyber security domains.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Data Protection and Data Loss Prevention
• Experience in Agile Methodologies
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.