IBM Senior Java Developer (Angular) in HERNDON, Virginia
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, the Java Integration Software Developer will be responsible for developing and integrating J2EE Application with
JS presentation layer.
• Analyze the server performance and provide the code fixes to fine tune the existing J2EE application
• Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues related to application– 15%
• Responsible for designing, developing application using jQuery/Java/Hibernate/AngularJS/JSF – 70%
• Responsible for configuring application servers – 15% .
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• J2EE Development Experience using AngularJS (preferably 2.0), jQuery, Hibernate4, JSON - 7+ years
• Database Development Experience including PL/SQL in Oracle and PostgreSQL – 5+ years
• Knowledge with User Interface using AngularJS/JSF– 7+ years
• Developing Web Services, REST ATOM Feeds with XML – 5+ years
• Developing Pages based on search engine returned data – 5+ years
• Knowledge of application servers; WebLogic, JBoss, - 5+ years etc.
• Experience with source code repository: SVN, RTC, Github etc.
• Experience with IDE, Sql tools, and build tool –ANT, Maven, JBOSS studio
• Linux, Unix and windows OS•mas, XSLT, JSON, SOAP, RESTful, and related technologies (min 3 yr).
• United States MBI clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Hands-on experience in working with JSF hibernate full stack development – 3+ years
• Experience with backend PostgreSql and Oracle 12c Databases
• Deployment scripting using Linux – 3+ years
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs