Thermo Fisher Scientific Field Service Engineer 2 in Hillsboro, Oregon
• Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
• Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
• Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
• Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
• Travel, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel
• Complete and submit field service reports
• Provide feedback to product quality teams
• Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various Thermo Fisher system documentation
• Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system
• Act as a subject expert and resource for training
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
• Typically requires a 2-4 yr. University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in electronic system troubleshooting.
• Typically requires approximately 3-5+ years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB, Prober, or similar systems.
• Typically requires an understanding and experience troubleshooting and repairing ultra-high vacuum and high voltage systems.
• Able to read and interpret schematics.
• Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to modular and or component level.
• Literate in Windows software environments.
• Ability to deal effectively with customers.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills; must have a professional working proficiency in English.
• Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.