Cubic Corporation Senior Traffic Field Engineer in Home, Virginia
Cubic Transportation Systems
Trafficware, a Cubic Transportation Systems company, is leading the Intelligent Transportation Systems industry in building management infrastructure for the next generation of smart cities. We are passionate about developing technology that relieves traffic congestion, increases safety and improves the quality of life through green initiatives.
Responsible for various maintenance and installation tasks including but not limited to all traffic signal equipment. This is a critical operations role that optimizes the performance of field equipment for cities, counties, and states. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial independent decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides coaching, mentoring and guidance to new and other FAE’s
· Assist in the growth and development of team and processes
· Provides signal turn on set up, installing and initiating the operations and servicing of equipment at a field site.
· Set up and configure detection equipment including video and in-ground magnetometers.
· Trouble shoot traffic control cabinets.
· Train public agency engineers and signal technicians on traffic signal equipment
· Identifies and analyzes equipment malfunctions and utilizes various maintenance and repair manuals, test equipment, wiring diagrams, schematics, electronic devices and electrical equipment.
· Rework, repair, test, troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
· Maintains records of all maintenance activities in accordance with contractual requirements.
· Assist in identifying and analyzing malfunctions in operational equipment.
· Support hardware/software integration planning and oversee activities.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelors degree in an engineering related discipline or equivalent years of directly related experience, and a minimum of five years’ experience in traffic signal field experience.
IMSA Level II required, III preferred.
Experience with Traffic Management Systems required, AutoCAD experience preferred.
Ability to read wiring diagrams and schematics and use electronic tools and test equipment.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines.
Good interpersonal skills.
Ability to comply with the company standard practice as it applies to field assignments.
Able to use typical office automation products such as word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Mental ability to perform analytical work.
May be required to travel domestically and internationally and work odd hours, in-line with customer requirements.
Strong technical problem-solving skills required.
Strong commitment to efficiently achieve high quality results is required.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs.
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link:
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law
For more information on Equal Employment please visit: