Comcast Security Investigator in Homewood, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for performing investigations of alleged criminal or other
activity that has or may have a negative impact on the Company. This
includes employee or non-employee criminal activity as it relates to the
Company as well as activity that violates company policy.
Investigations involve, but are not limited to; theft of services, theft
of company property, vandalism, forgery, embezzlement, workplace
violence, assaults, burglary and physical security assessments.
Investigative caseload is assigned by management or senior
investigators. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Produces timely, accurate investigative reports.
- Manages multiple types of investigations (code of conduct, theft of
service, misappropriation of funds, workplace violence) assuming control
of high stress situations.
- Conducts interviews of suspects, witnesses, and victims.
- Documents, stores, and maintains evidence according to the chain of
- Ensures that all investigations/inquiries are completely objective and
brought to a logical conclusion in the best interest of the Company.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with
various law enforcement agencies. Often acts as single point-of-contact
with law enforcement in cases involving employees or customers.
- Understands the laws and statutes impacting methods used in successful
investigations, and is able to make well-rounded decisions based on
- Works "undercover" as needed performing appropriate "sting" operations
and or controlled illegal equipment purchases.
-Performs surveillance activities as required.
- Testifies under oath in municipal, superior, and federal court as
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer