Hilton Camp Penguin Camp Counselor (Recreation Leader) - On-Call in Honolulu, Hawaii
A Recreation Leader with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for supervising children ages 5 - 12 in various recreational activities on and off hotel property and act as caregiver to ensure the children’s' safety and enjoyment.
What will I be doing?
As a Youth Counselor, you would be responsible for leading and directing children through supervised recreational activities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervises and conducts various activities for children including but not limited to Honolulu Zoo trip, Waikiki Aquarium trip, Bishop Museum Trip, Shell Hunt on the beach, swimming, Diamond Head hike, Hawaiian games, craft activities and special holiday events.
- Ensures all children are accounted for throughout the day and releases children at end of program by confirming signature of authorized guardian.
- Ensures that the proper supplies are available, including color crayons, coloring books, glue, paper, pencils, board games and craft supplies.
- Informs children of the day's activities and explain all rules and regulations.
- Sets up registration table including, money and receipt box and registration booklet. Registers children as they arrive in a prompt and courteous manner. Checks that the necessary paperwork is completely filled out by parents. Receives payment for activities provided
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required. College Degree in Child Development or Education preferred.
Nine months experience working with school-age children (with High School diploma) required.
Six months experience working with school-age children (with College Degree in Child Development or Education) required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain any government required licenses, certificates and/or clearances related to child care. Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certification. CPR Certification and First Aid training required.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Spa, Health Club, Recreation
Title: Camp Penguin Camp Counselor (Recreation Leader) - On-Call
Requisition ID: HOT05FQU