Hilton Doorperson - Part Time in Honolulu, Hawaii
A Doorperson with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for representing the hotel at the main entrances by greeting arriving and departing guests enthusiastically. Direct traffic at the main entrances to ensure the driveway is accessible at all times. Provides luggage assistance.
What will I be doing?
A Doorperson with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for representing the hotel at the main entrances by greeting arriving and departing guests enthusiastically. Direct traffic at the main entrances to ensure the driveway is accessible at all times. Provides luggage assistance. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintains driveway traffic flow to allow HHV and HGVC main hotel entrances accessibility ensuring ample space for passenger and luggage loading and unloading. Assists guests going on tours/airport transfers as well as arriving guests at Tapa Bus Depot. Maintains storing of luggage for departing hotel guests at Luggage Center. Must be knowledgeable of hotel facilities and local tours and attractions.
- Greets guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Opens car doors for arriving and departing hotel customers.
- Initiates requests to taxi cab companies upon guest request.
- Responds immediately to customer inquiries regarding hotel features, services and assistance. Provides clear and understandable directions to hotel facilities and nearby attractions. Assists guests with wheelchair requests, etc.
- Read luggage tags and provides claim tickets to ensure appropriate delivery. Grasps, lifts, carries and/or otherwise move packages, luggage or boxes from cars, buses and vans, placing packages and luggage onto baggage carts or in secure area for retrieval by bell staff.
- Explains and assists guests and/or patrons with parking options, including ticketing and parking of valet vehicles.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school education preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Valid Class III Driver’s License and good Driver’s Abstract required. CPR Certification and First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to operate vehicles with automatic and standard transmission
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage on a hand cart/truck or other wheeled assistance weighing a maximum of 500 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to load and unload luggage of various sizes, shapes, weights and grips.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stopping, kneeling and walking.
- Considerable knowledge and ability to communicate clear directions to nearby local attractions and hotel facilities and services.
- Considerable knowledge of city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision within two weeks after the employee begins work.
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Doorperson - Part Time
Requisition ID: HOT05SH9