Hilton Safety and Security Officer - Full-Time in Honolulu, Hawaii
A Security Officer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for performing preventative functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property in maintaining a safe and secure environment.
What will I be doing?
A Security Officer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for performing preventative functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property in maintaining a safe and secure environment. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintains order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, i.e., assisting with door lock problems, administering first aid and CPR, initiate expedient response to emergency conditions such as medicals, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handles undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the safety and security of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and/or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and/or other safety equipment , using manual dexterity of hands, and bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Performs foot patrols, to include, walking throughout the property and climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to visually and aurally observe and identify potential safety and security risks or undesirable conditions. Requires positive and clear English verbal communication using a two-way radio, telephone and/or equipment assigned.
- Answers security telephones and safety hotline calls and responds using clear and positive English communication in a timely manner based on priority.
- Observes the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior, reports directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty. Reports any alarms similarly.
- Assists in monitoring life safety systems installed throughout the property, including layouts of the entire building and locations of alarm pull stations, fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Accurately documents all appropriate incident information legibly by hand or through the use of a computer.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as mandated by the Safety & Security Department's Operating Procedures, including any and all responsibilities of an Alarm Monitor/Dispatcher, Lost & Found Officer and Key Controller.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or guest services experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities in safety and security and/or the Hotel Industry. High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
Prior safety and security and/or public relations experience preferred. Prior hotel safety/security, loss prevention military or law enforcement experience preferred. Basic knowledge of MS Word required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
State of Hawaii Guard Card Certification required
Ability to certify in First Aid, CPR and Lodging Security Officer Certifications within 90 days of hire.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to obtain thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, guestroom numbers and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers (some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger), and document accurate information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with employees and customers, initiate reports and gather the appropriate invoices, statements, registration information and accurately perform all essential job functions.
- Ability to perform all job functions and assignments in a manner that upholds the integrity of the Hotel and the Safety/Security Department in conjunction with the Hotel Employee Handbook.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discretionary and responsible manner.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect unsafe areas. Visual ability to determine all gradations of color (i.e., reds, blues, greens) to detect emergency situations.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry and/or otherwise move goods weighing a 100 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, walking and climbing significant distances between and within the buildings on the property.
- Ability to climb ramps, stairs and ladders to heights of 6 feet in a rapid manner.
- Ability to perform duties in extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, printers, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Security and Loss Prevention
Title: Safety and Security Officer - Full-Time
Requisition ID: HOT05NJW