HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU in Hopewell, Virginia
Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care (ICU) * * Schedule: Full Time Days, 7a-7p, 36 hours per week with rotating weekends and holidays
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our ICU team. /Join us in our efforts to better our community!/
* * John Randolph Medical Center, your local community hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the surrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger urban medical centers. A top performing hospital recognized by the Joint Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has also received recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care and our emergency room is stroke and chest pain accredited. We remain focused on continuously expanding our services and technology, enabling us to provide quality services to our community. As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both worlds—high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a warm, welcoming and personalized environment.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Why Join Our ICU Team?
- 8-Bed General ICU with attached 9-bed Step Down unit but we’re expanding!
- Patient population: Pulmonary Cardiac, Heart Failure, COPD, Stroke, Ventilator Management, Continuous Dialysis, Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis
- Average daily census of 8 patients with nurse to patient ratio based on acuity
- Great team work, like family with very supportive culture and mutual respect.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, team player to join our amazing ICU nursing team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What Will You Be Doing? * * * Responsible for clinical management of the patient. * Functions as a Registered Nurse by role - modeling professional behavior. * Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse. * Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff) * Participates and understands Quality Management activities. * Demonstrates effective communication skills. * Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. * Promotes cost effective unit operations. * Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools. * Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development. * Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards. * All other duties as assigned by charge nurses and nurse management
- Nursing Graduate with RN Diploma or Associate of Science in Nursing
- BSN preferred.
- Licensed in the State of Virginia as a registered professional nurse or compact state nursing license required
- Previous experience in cardiac care or ICU preferred.
- BLS Healthcare Provider certification required.
- Must obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
- Previous EKG interpretation experience preferred. Must pass a basic rhythm test and BKAT examination.
- Critical Certification preferred.
We value YOU and your future!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical and dental coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance up to $5,250 per year, student loan assistance up to $150 per month for FT employees, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU
Location: Virginia-Hopewell-John Randolph Medical Center - Hopewell
Requisition ID: 02699-49508