Oracle Applications Developer 5 in Houston, Texas
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
_Principal Application Developer (Analytics)_
We are Cloud Solutions and part of Oracle Applications Labs, the team that builds and runs Oracle's corporate systems. We have two missions: show case Oracle Cloud OCI and PAAS through internal systems development that run on our public Cloud.
In Cloud Solutions, we build the core subscription and customer management systems for all of our Cloud customers and revenue. We use all the latest modern web technologies, for mobile and desktop, from React to Solr to Java, all running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, to provide the best Cloud customer experience possible.
We are 70 member global team of product managers, software engineers, scrum masters, test engineers and development operations professionals practicing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to build cutting edge cloud web technologies while providing every team member autonomy, mastery and purpose to achieve their absolute best.
We value bottoms up, member driven agile teams; we focus on working software that helps our customers succeed; we encourage risk taking and innovation time to inspire leaps in design and productivity; above all else, we value productivity, autonomy and fulfillment of our team members so that they can achieve their full potential, and beyond.
Join us and thrive!
What Cloud Solutions Needs:
At Cloud Solutions, we are building the next generation Oracle’s customer success management system, a pure internet system. This is once in a life time opportunity to be part of a brand-new team to build the product from ground-zero, cherishing a startup culture. Come join us at Oracle’s Pleasanton office and be part of this world class engineering team to build topnotch desktop, mobile, Analytics, ML, AI and chatbots and be part of our success story.
In this role you will be immersed in and exposed to complex systems and their integration as Oracle cloud subscription data travels to multiple systems from its inception. You will be part of this world class engineering team from day one and should be capable of building the entire technical-stack, right from infrastructure to the end services which is highly scalable and efficient in all possible aspects.
You will part of the advanced analytics team and will be responsible for designing, developing complex data marts, sourcing data from multiple different systems. You will be responsible for building data integration pipeline using various tools and technologies. You'll be able to proactively identify problem before they occur, while also guiding junior developers globally. The ideal candidate is a proven hands-on developer using top technologies such as Weblogic, ODI, Python, Spark, Java, OBIEE, PL/SQL etc. to release high quality software products following continuous integration and deployment.
· Work independently with minimal supervision, following the organization's vision.
· Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
· Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
· Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
· Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
· Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
· Have high and strict quality standards to ensure consistency of initial design
· Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers worldwide
· Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
· Comfortable presenting, communicating and interacting with executives within and outside the organization
· Proven experience as business intelligence developer (3 years of experience)
· Experience building Cloud Applications
· Experience working with Oracle Data Integrator (12c preferred)
. Experience in OBIEE, Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) including Data Visual Analyzer is preferred
. Experience in software development and coding in Object Oriented languages (Python/JAVA) preferred
· Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
· Experience delivering features with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD).
· Understanding of software quality assurance principles
· A technical mindset with great attention to detail
· High quality organizational and leadership skills
· Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
· Must be adaptable, flexible, organized and work well in a local and global team environment
· Must have a strong drive for success
· BS or equivalent in computer science/engineering or relevant field, MS or equivalent is desirble
Job: *Product Development
Title: Applications Developer 5
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 210000GP
- Oracle Jobs