HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Assistant Administrator - West Houston Medical Center - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
The Assistant Administrator provides leadership and organizational wide direction, development and implementation of services and programs within assigned areas.
- Supports and facilitates implementation of hospital strategies.
- Manages assigned departments efficiently and effectively to maximize quality of services and profits of the hospital. Assists with service line and business development activities.
- Through appropriate management practices, creates a climate for employee motivation and high performance.
- Establishes direction, coaches employees, provides feedback, and builds commitment while managing and developing employees and leaders.
- Develops and fosters effective collaboration between medical staff leadership, and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing care and services.
- Promotes a professional image and acts as an ambassador inside and outside the organization.
- Takes ownership and demonstrates service excellence principles in all interactions with the patient, physician and others.
Ensures patient's safety, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Manages stress appropriately and can make decisions under pressure, handle multiple priorities, works alone or within a team, can manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of others appropriately.
- Must handle multiple priorities, work alone or in areas that are confined and/or crowded.
- Light work with periods of standing, lifting, stooping, bending, walking, talking, answering telephones, and using computer skills.
- Attendance is essential to this role.
Education: Master’s degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or closely related field of study required
Experience: A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years relevant experience. Hospital experience preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Good organizational, communication, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills in a detail-oriented, customer-focused organization are required. Basic computer skills required to include proficiency with Microsoft, Outlook and Excel.
Title: Assistant Administrator - West Houston Medical Center - Houston, TX
Location: Texas-Houston-West Houston Medical Center - Houston
Requisition ID: 00417-89662