HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Assistant Controller in Houston, Texas
*_HCA Healthcare - Houston, Texas
Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas,HCA Gulf Coast Divisionoffers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its seventeen hospitals and other free-standing facilities. This network model gives our patients access to a circle of care that is unrivaled in the region. From simple outpatient procedures to complex surgeries performed by specialists,HCA Gulf Coast Divisionoffers comprehensive care close to home. Serving such a large and diverse region requiresHCA Gulf Coast Divisionto offer a range of programs that meets the needs of young and old, acutely ill and chronically ill. Just some of our services and outreach efforts: * Twenty-four-hour emergency care, both at designated Hospital Emergency Centers and off-site Emergency Care locations * Life-saving intervention during cardiovascular and neurological incidents * Comprehensive women’s care, from obstetric care to minimally invasive gynecological surgery * Neonatal and pediatric intensive care * Inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, and monitoring support * Education programs – child birth and child care classes, surgical seminars, physician speaker series * Management centers for diabetes, heart failure, and other complex conditions * Community partnerships with the American Heart Association, Joe Niekro Foundation, March of Dimes, and others.
HCA Healthcare's Gulf Coast Division Officeis looking for anAssistant Controller.
* Employee reflects HCA values and a sensitivity to HCA Ethics and Compliance principals.
* Prepares numerous journal entries that form the basis of the monthly financial closing process.
* Monitors status and accuracy of monthly statistical reporting processes.
* Identifies discrepancies and directs Accountants in the resolution thereof.
* Responsible for the generation of routine, monthly financial reports, as well as those requested on an ad hoc basis. Reports are extracted from a multitude of source systems.
* Performs monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts to ensure the integrity of financial statement reporting. * Understands the flow of transactions and reporting mechanisms that define the overall Accounts Payable function.
* Tracks staff productivity and acts as informal leader to this group. * Understands the flow of transactions and reporting mechanisms that comprise the overall Payroll function.
* Serves as backup and support to the Payroll Coordinator in the generation of manual checks and select Payroll processing functions. * Assists Controller and Accounting staff with formulation of departmental Operating and Capital Budgets.
* Provides guidance and support to department managers in preparation of their budgets. * Prepares workpapers to assist Reimbursement staff in filing annual Medicare/ Medicaid Cost Reports. * Prepares workpapers to facilitate Internal Audit staff in their review of internal control procedures and the integrity of the financial statements.
* Researches and resolves a variety of questions posed by the Auditors. * Performs other related duties as assigned by the Controller or Chief Financial Officer
Qualifications * Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance, CPA preferred * Experience in mainframe and PC-based reporting systems preferred * Minimum of two years of healthcare accounting experience
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Assistant Controller
Location: Texas-Houston-Gulf Coast Division Office
Requisition ID: 02660-94152