HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Behavioral Health Technician in Houston, Texas
_West Houston Medical Center – Houston, TX_ _ _ _Behavioral Health Technician (Geriatric Psychiatry)_
West Houston Medical Center offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
West Houston Medical Center is currently looking for a _Behavioral Health Technician._
• Demonstrates familiarity and compliance with hospital policies and procedures, particularly those pertaining to patient rights.
• Follows all procedures related to observation and documentation of patients on special precautions. • Assists patients with activities of daily living and physical care as assigned by the Registered Nurse. • Maintains unit rules and policies during each shift worked. • Assisted patients who may be experiencing crises or who are out of control.
• Takes and documents vital signs as directed by Registered Nurse.
• Takes and documents height, weight, and other factual information as delegated by Registered Nurse. • Assures patients receive meal trays and encourages patient to eat in dining room. Assist with meals as needed.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide psychiatric services to patients and families. • Adapts nursing interventions for the older adult to maximize functional capabilities based on age and general condition. • Adapts nursing interventions for the older adult patient whose lifestyle pattern has been altered by underlying problem and effects of hospitalization. • Ensures that required patient observations are completed appropriately in special use of restraint, seclusion, and behavioral management of psychiatric patient.
• Assures safety and cleanliness of unit and equipment by completing tasks and hazard inspections.
• Exercises sound judgment in dealing with all levels of unit personnel, other hospital personnel, visitors, and other individuals interacting with the unit.
• Participates in relevant in-service program and other self-directed learning activities which promote growth in position responsibilities.
• Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests. • Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
• Actively participates in department committees and group meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of services. • Completes other duties assigned • Adheres the Customer Service Principles of West Houston Medical Center
_Qualifications:_ * Current Texas CNA license required. * Previous experience as Certified Nursing Assistant in psychiatric setting is preferred. * Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association required. * Current CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 60 days of hire.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Behavioral Health Technician
Location: Texas-Houston-West Houston Medical Center - Houston
Requisition ID: 00417-97540