IBM Civilian and Health (FedCiv/FedHealth) Client Solution Executive in Houston, Texas
Come join IBM Global Business Services (GBS), an innovation powerhouse coalesced around business, strategy and technology consultants that enable Federal agencies to make smarter decisions. A learning culture that applies transformational client and user experiences into cognitive solutions. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and gain the competitive edge in areas of global consequence in over 170 countries.
IBM client engagement and co-creation helps achieve customer business goals while bringing innovation and leading-edge technology to the mission. In our over 100-year history, our federal practice has helped agencies reinvigorate and respond to the needs of the Federal Civilian and Health needs of the nation. Specifically, this role is part of team of industry, technology and business leaders who work with the Federal Civilian and Federal Health agencies to understand current problems and strategies, develop solutions and propose to these agencies and their component departments. We expect the Civilian and Health agencies to have a growing list of requirements and business issues to resolve in 2021 and beyond. We are a trusted partner that has been called upon time and again to solve our customers’ most persistent challenges by delivering information technology solutions that protect our Nation.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Civilian and Health Client Solution Executive is responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary solutioning team to develop solutions that address all elements of the new business acquisition process. You will lead a diverse team of business experts, technologists and industry leaders in the solutioning of bids aligned to IBM strategic imperatives.
• Analyze client business, goals, strategies, industry trends and directions to develop compelling outcome-based value propositions that result in a win
• Build, position, and capture deals by infusing commercial innovation and leading-edge technologies to each bid opportunity.
• Formally engage and lead large multidisciplinary teams in developing complex solutions for specific client opportunities and in developing client deliverables such as a Requests For Information (RFI), Requests For Proposal (RFPs), and Statements Of Work (SOWs) or presentations
• Work with the business team to develop the contractual and financial solution based on client requirements and the competitive marketplace that meets business and financial goals
• Make decisions on the components that drive the deal strategy, managing possible tradeoffs to win the contract, with overall marketing responsibility for the final winning proposal to the client
• Establish and cement long term client and partner relationships
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years of experience in proposal solution development to include technical, management, and/or cost
• Deep understanding of the target agencies (Civilian and Health) or component departments (e.g. Treasury, HHS, CMS, Energy, USPS) to include current issues, strategy, acquisition history, and methods.
• Deep understanding of key agency standard solution requirements including certifications, security, and other agency specific requirements.
• 5+ years sales experience that has achieved new business and revenue growth
• 5+ years successful experience in business development and capture management
• 3+ years of experience in client relationship management across commitment chains, up to and including executive offices
• 5+ years of experience demonstrating knowledge of the Federal procurement process
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs